New ouya update + XBMC
So i downloaded the New ouya update Chupacabra, then download xbmc on ouya from discover , imported video library.

Movies with Dts and Dolby digital AC3 isn't working ?

No sound whatsoever

MP3 , AAC Working fine

Also for some reason the Analog isn't working on the XBMC on ouya ?

Any help / explanations appreciated

P.s - Reason i'm not using xbmc gotham sideloaded is because i get crashes often if the xbmc was just opened, or between hard drive changes, and when i asked for help i was told that xbmc for ouya is unofficial so they can't help me.
Unrelated to the OUYA update. The removal of those audio decoding features came after Dolby or someone got mad at OUYA for not paying a license to perform the decoding, so OUYA had them removed so they wouldn't get in trouble.

Gotham shouldn't crash anymore, and OUYA not helping you with with XBMC really isn't an issue since they have no one there who actually knows about XBMC. You'll get more help from us. Still, if for some reason v13 Gotham isn't your thing, you can sideload SPMC, which is the OUYA store version + audio DTS and AC3. A list of these different versions and links to them can be found on our wiki: OUYA (wiki)
Ned, The new update was meant to re-add the audio decoding features... and it claims it has, but ac3 and dts still isn't working

Just read what actually hapenned, and i don't think i have an audio receiver.

My old problem still remains the same, the crashes are making me want to throw the ouya out , ( Crashes explained in the link of this post )

The issue i have with ouya and xbmc ( Gotham sideloaded )

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190242 ( now using gotham beta 4 instead )

No replies =.=
(2014-04-21, 13:52)zaidrockso Wrote: Ned, The new update was meant to re-add the audio decoding features... and it claims it has, but ac3 and dts still isn't working

Just read what actually hapenned, and i don't think i have an audio receiver.

My old problem still remains the same, the crashes are making me want to throw the ouya out , ( Crashes explained in the link of this post )

The issue i have with ouya and xbmc ( Gotham sideloaded )

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190242 ( now using gotham beta 4 instead )

No replies =.=

No, the update was only for audio passthrough. It has no impact on software decoding/downmixing. Believe me, I've been following this specific issue closely.

As for the other issue, I'll reply to that other thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New ouya update + XBMC0