Linux Upgraded to 12.3 Frodo and Isos won't play
I recently upgraded my HTPC to the stable version of 14.04 Ubuntu and installed XBMC Frodo 12.3.I was able to scan and see my Movie library with fan art through SAMBA (library is on main computer). While films recorded as mkv will play I have not been able to play Iso extension films. The films will play on VLC on the HTPC but not XBMC. I found a thread HERE with a similar problem and tentative solution of replacing libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so file but I am unsure how to locate the correct file or if it will work. I have a CRASH LOG file which might shed some light.
It would be nice to see a few movies, any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: HERE is my XBMC Log
You use a special version of xbmc, done by debian / ubunut and not by us. Please open a bug with them.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
solution: add our unstable PPA and update to gotham beta4. We don't provide frodo builds for ubuntu 14.04
Thanks
I found instructions to update to the teamxbmc version of Gotham, but it involves removing the version of Frodo I have. That is OK but I will presumably lose my addons and settings.
Will I be faced with same prospect when I update Gotham beta 4 to the stable version when it comes out. Or will it suffice to just update the PPA?
If you use apt-get remove it will uninstall xbmc but leave all the config files. You may have to reinstall the addons, but your configuration should still be there. apt-get purge will remove your configuration files as well as the program. You should also be able to force install a specific version by adding the unstable PPA, then

Code:
apt-cache showpkg xbmc
apt-get -f install (xbmc version you want)
I did a purge of XBMC and installed Gotham. I found some of the plugins I use won't work such as CanadaonDemand so I have gone back to Frodo and will wait for the stable release

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded to 12.3 Frodo and Isos won't play0