Getting rid of SMSjump/T9 type numbers
I have been struggling with this for a while. I've replaced every instance of "JumpSMS#" in the keyboard.xml, and still I get "T9" number operation in XBMC. I get this on both my wireless keyboard and my MCE remote. (keyboard don't have numpad). The only way to directly "single-click" get numbers, is to use click the numbers on the "virual keyboard". This is driving me nuts. Function in win8.1 pro is otherwise normal. Usin MCERemoteMapper , XBMC 13.0-RC1 Git:20140419-51d4cbd , been like this as long as I've "had it" / Gotham Beta 1.
Any suggestions?

Nothing related to input in advancedsettings.xml, keyboard.xml is here: http://pastebin.com/0HwAh19W
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Debug log (wiki) for the keyboard? keyboard.xml shouldn't have any SMS behavior by default.

As for the MCE remote, you want to use remote.xml instead of keyboard.xml.

EDIT: although, XBMC's default keymaps should allow you to use numbers directly when on the virtual keyboard for all devices. Can you post the debug log (wiki) when you use the MCE remote as well?
D'oh - can't believe I forgot it. Debug: http://pastebin.com/CeGxzGMC (Got "paste contained a phrase that was cencored" @ xbmclogs).

Log: Search dialog (start at line ~1315). 1st input session with ordinary keboard. (typing numbers 0-9. 2nd input session with remote, typing numbers 0-9. 3rd input session with mouse (onscreen keyboard numbers) numbers 0-9. Good 15 sec+ between sessions.

Hadn't thought of doing a remote.xml, good point. I've made rather few additions to the keyboard.xml in regards to remote, default layout for MCERemoteMapper was already set up for traditional XBMC hotkeys, and I mostly used MCERemoteMapper to change the triggered key(combination). I believe MCERemoteMapper is basicly an interface for writing to appropriate registry keys.

I don't really understand what is going on. I mean, I don't really mind the "T9" for the remote - can live with that. But not getting numbers from actual keyboard... thats another story.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Hmm, is this a "real" MCE remote that uses the ehome something, or is this an "MCE" remote that shows up like a keyboard? That might be what's confusing me.

If you remove your keymap completely, then I assume the number keys work again?
This is a "Lenovo MCE remote" - supposedly RC6 "clone". It uses the eHome driver/device.

Last time I tried removing it completely, I got nothing from the keyboards number keys. I'll try to clean up a bit and try that again, see what happens. Logs will be laid.
Does MCERemoteMapper do anything other than generate a keymap? Normally, RC6 MCE remotes and keyboards should be using totally different keymap files that use <remote> and <keyboard> respectively.
D'oh!
Deactivating "Remote control sends keyboard presses" got rid of the JumpSMS/T9 behavior - and as a bonus I can once again navigate the input field with the arrow keys on both physical keyboard and remote. Still don't understand why having this active caused the T9 behavior - for both keybard and remote, given that it was no longer present in the keyboard.xml or any other .xml in Userdata or subsequent subsdirs.

AFAIK, the MCERemoteMapper is only a GUI for Windows registry remote mapping. Sample image:

I can no longer navigate anthing other than the input field with keyboard (e.g, arrow keys will only move text marker, not go down to the "onscreen keyboard". This is really not an issue for me.

What is an issue, is that with "Remote control sends keyboard presses" deactivated - the remote (with "onscreen keyboard" up) will also only navigate the input field. The remote can no longer "move to and navigate" the onscreen keyboard.

This thread seems to adress the some of this, but I couldn't for the life of me make out the "instructions" in Post #2. Would you be so kind as to give me a pointer?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting rid of SMSjump/T9 type numbers0