• 5(current)
Banana Pi (raspi clone)
(2014-07-27, 21:05)huisinro Wrote: Rest assured, we are working with http://www.bananapi.com to release a native version of XBMC, along with our rPlay software for Airplay Mirroring/Chromecast/Miracast (so you will be able to mirror iOS/Android/PC/Mac etc.) onto this new Banana Pi board. I personally like Banana Pi because it supports Android and can run Chrome browser, whereas Raspberry Pi does NOT. We have many users of rPlay on Raspberry Pi, and they really want to get Chromecast support, but due to the fact that Raspberry Pi does not run Chrome browser, it's extremely difficult to support the full features of Chromecast. On Banana Pi, there are no such issues.

The Android version of XBMC is already working well on Banana Pi, and Linux versions need to add the native h264 decoder from A20, not very difficult to do.

We will first release the Android version of XBMC with the upcoming Android 4.4 (note it's not 4.2) version on http://www.bananapi.com, then Linux versions of xbmc.

Stay tuned.
So who are you? You clearly don't represent the manufacturers of banana pi as you say you are working "with" them. So who is "we"?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you google "airplay mirroring pi", you will surely find us. We have been doing mobile screen mirroring for a whole. Smile
Why do I have to google anything? Why not just be up front? Why are you hiding?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why would I hide? I thought I could use a bit humor here. rPlay is a popular app among Raspberry Pi community, people know me.

Did my user profile say something? Myself, a Stanford Ph.D., most projects are on http://www.vmlite.com, and a team behind.

Here is a link to the RPi release of rPlay:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49668
Excellent, thanks. Sorry, I do get sick of wannabes popping up saying "we are gonna do this or that or the next sliced bread" - clearly you aren't in that category.

Also being a Stanford PhD, you'll know how the GPL2 works, which is more than I can say for 99% of the people who turn up with their own version of XBMC.

I don't usually fail to see humour, but I missed it this time, my bad.
No problem, would be really nice if the main line of XBMC would incorporate our modifications for Banana Pi. From reading the thread here, the team does not seem to like A20 board, and don't want to maintain the code, in that case, we will put it as clone to github.

The android version is very straightforward, as Android 4.4 from Banana Pi supports the standard hardware H.264 decoding, so it is supposed to work straight of the box, our initial tests verified this is the case. As a bonus, Android 4.4 from Banana Pi actually also supports hardware H.264 Encoding, so one can actually record screens into a movie in real time, can achieve 25 fps as we tested.

Linux versions need much more work to use the c/c++ native decoder from A20 libcedarv.
Just one question: Does banana pi change the frame rate automaticaly if a movie asks for it? For example, can it change to 23.976 if it is a blue-ray rip?
Usually only Encoder needs to configure the frame rate directly.

For decoders, you can control how fast to feed the frames into the decoder, ie., from your timing router, you do that yourself.

A20 cedarx does have a framerate field you can configure, for example:

__disp_video_fb_t bufAddr;
bufAddr.frame_rate = 23.976

args[0] = screenidx;
args[1] = de_layer_hdl;
args[2] = (unsigned long) (&bufAddr);
args[3] = 0;
ioctl(fd, DISP_CMD_VIDEO_SET_FB, args);

(2014-07-28, 14:24)sstavross Wrote: Just one question: Does banana pi change the frame rate automaticaly if a movie asks for it? For example, can it change to 23.976 if it is a blue-ray rip?
As far as I know, Banana Pi has CEC. I will test this soon to make sure.

(2014-04-21, 17:04)desperado77 Wrote: Interesting, but there is No Hdmi-cec.
anyone more news on getting a linux version running?
(2014-07-28, 17:54)huisinro Wrote: Usually only Encoder needs to configure the frame rate directly.

For decoders, you can control how fast to feed the frames into the decoder, ie., from your timing router, you do that yourself.

A20 cedarx does have a framerate field you can configure, for example:

__disp_video_fb_t bufAddr;
bufAddr.frame_rate = 23.976

args[0] = screenidx;
args[1] = de_layer_hdl;
args[2] = (unsigned long) (&bufAddr);
args[3] = 0;
ioctl(fd, DISP_CMD_VIDEO_SET_FB, args);

(2014-07-28, 14:24)sstavross Wrote: Just one question: Does banana pi change the frame rate automaticaly if a movie asks for it? For example, can it change to 23.976 if it is a blue-ray rip?

I think the question is more what happens when you play a 23.976p, 25p, 50p, 50i, 59.94i or 59.94p file?

Ideally, subject to EDID responses from the display you'd get 23.976p output, 50p, or 59.94p output frame rates over HDMI - with the 50i/59.94i sources properly de-interlaced. Fixed frame rate - as you get with Android - is very poor quality, particularly for those of us in Europe who watch all three refresh rates routinely.

I watch 1080/23.976p Blu-ray content, 1080/50i and 720/50p broadcast TV, 576/50i and 480/59.94i DVD content etc. and would expect a media player to dynamically change refresh rate, as XBMC does on x86, Raspberry Pi, and as the better media players like Popcorn Hour do.
Android 4.4 on Banana Pi now available:

http://www.bananapi.com/index.php/news?l...edit&id=47

http://www.bananapi.com/index.php/forum/...rks-normal

I tested XBMC on it, working very well.
does hardware decoding for HD content work on that one?
yes, Android 4.4 supports hardware decoding through the standard Android MediaCodec APIs. It supports hardware encoding too.
Downloading already that 4.4 version Smile

Also, any idea, how to get the IR remote to work with Android?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banana Pi (raspi clone)3