HDHomerun Prime & DRM Channels
Hey guys i'm hoping someone can explain this to me. On my hdhomerun prime I do a channel scan and several of the channels say DRM next to them. I cannot view these channels in the hdhomerun view app on android, or windows. I can however view these channels in WMC.

I read that the hdhomerun view app supports dctp-ip for viewing protected channels? Is this for DRM channels?

Thanks
You can only view drm channels within Windows Media Center
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks. So what is dctp-ip for?
I believe this means that the HDHomeRun can detect and play DRM content back to supported software. WMC is the only software I know of that will play DRM content.
Thanks sbthomas
have a look at this thread, it may help:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Prime & DRM Channels0