URL for Active Recordings vs. URL for Completed Recordings
You should never rule that out!RoflRoflRoflRofl

(2014-04-22, 20:18)krustyreturns Wrote: So we have ruled out that advocate is crazy? Smile
yep will include an option in the next build. Default will be OFF though since nobody else is crazy, only advocate Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Can I get an ETA on the next build??
Up to krusty. But the modified 1134 build I sent you yesterday should presumably tide you over, no? Smile

Besides a change to allow channels to be "forced" to be radio channels, that's all that is ready for another build anyway
advocate99,

I can reproduce the problem using your file renaming test (rename the recording, wait until xbmc requests a recordings update, then try to play the renamed recording). It happens in both gotham and frodo. I even reverted back to unc paths temporarily, thinking it started when we switched to using samba for all paths, but it even happens with unc paths. Just like you though, I checked the paths that xbmc is getting and they are all correct, so I don't know why it can't open the file. Nor why when you open another file everything starts to work. Will look at this more tomorrow.

One more thing is it does not happen with local paths (xbmc on same computers as swmc).

I plan on having a new swmc release by this weekend that will have scarecrow's empty path fix, along with other stuff.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hmm given that you can reproduce it, and on gotham as well... perhaps the default for the new option should be TRUE rather than false? Let me know what you think KR
I think you're catching my craziness... Smile

(2014-04-23, 04:52)scarecrow420 Wrote: Hmm given that you can reproduce it, and on gotham as well... perhaps the default for the new option should be TRUE rather than false? Let me know what you think KR
Well I never could get it to display this problem on new recordings like advocate, maybe I was doing something wrong in trying to reproduce that. While this renaming file problem isn't really an issue for pvr functionality, it does tell us that there is something weird going on here that we don't understand.

I only know of one downside to only providing empty paths: xbmc won't be able to generate thumbnails for recordings. That's why I didn't go with them in the early BS (Before-Scarecrow) days of development. If recordings get guide images from the EPG this is not an issue of course.

At this point I don't know which way we should set the default. I'm open to suggestions.
In looking over the debug logs in XBMC, I noticed that, at least once before the problem occurred with a new recording, XBMC attempted and failed to obtain a thumbnail for an existing recording. I wonder if that is related to the bug I was experiencing.

(2014-04-23, 16:41)krustyreturns Wrote: Well I never could get it to display this problem on new recordings like advocate, maybe I was doing something wrong in trying to reproduce that. While this renaming file problem isn't really an issue for pvr functionality, it does tell us that there is something weird going on here that we don't understand.

I only know of one downside to only providing empty paths: xbmc won't be able to generate thumbnails for recordings. That's why I didn't go with them in the early BS (Before-Scarecrow) days of development. If recordings get guide images from the EPG this is not an issue of course.

At this point I don't know which way we should set the default. I'm open to suggestions.
When you said you reproduced the problem in windows, I assume that was the file renaming problem only?
That's correct, and only with a watched folder in a Linux Share. I was never able to get my Windows VM to be able to connect to the WMC Machine.

(2014-04-23, 18:12)krustyreturns Wrote: When you said you reproduced the problem in windows, I assume that was the file renaming problem only?
Two more observations:

1. I have a lot of recordings - about 350. I wonder if that has anything to do with this? Perhaps something about my number of recording is causing the bug in my install.

If case you're wondering why I have so many - I plan to catch up during the summer!

2. There is a setting in XBMC to turn off thumbnail generation. I wonder if that setting affects live TV and if turning thumbnails off will make the file name change problem go away?

(2014-04-23, 17:49)advocate99 Wrote: In looking over the debug logs in XBMC, I noticed that, at least once before the problem occurred with a new recording, XBMC attempted and failed to obtain a thumbnail for an existing recording. I wonder if that is related to the bug I was experiencing.

(2014-04-23, 16:41)krustyreturns Wrote: Well I never could get it to display this problem on new recordings like advocate, maybe I was doing something wrong in trying to reproduce that. While this renaming file problem isn't really an issue for pvr functionality, it does tell us that there is something weird going on here that we don't understand.

One thing to keep is mind is that if you make the default TRUE, nobody will be able to play DVR.MS files. At least, I can't.

(2014-04-23, 04:52)scarecrow420 Wrote: Hmm given that you can reproduce it, and on gotham as well... perhaps the default for the new option should be TRUE rather than false? Let me know what you think KR
Oops. Only because of a problem in the way the client is written. If you change the extension on these files to wtv from dvr-ms I think they will play in xbmc (hopefully they will also still play in wmc). Next time we spin the client we can rectify this.
I only have one DVR.MS file left. It's a recording of Rain - The Beatles Experience from PBS many years ago.

Does the client have a problem extracting thumbnails from DVR.MS files??

(2014-04-24, 03:13)krustyreturns Wrote: Oops. Only because of a problem in the way the client is written. If you change the extension on these files to wtv from dvr-ms I think they will play in xbmc (hopefully they will also still play in wmc). Next time we spin the client we can rectify this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
URL for Active Recordings vs. URL for Completed Recordings0