URL for Active Recordings vs. URL for Completed Recordings
Not sure what you mean. Its xbmc that is generating thumbnails, not the client program, If you set swmc to return empty strings (doesn't matter file type) xbmc won't generate any thumbnails. If you instead return the client paths, I do think xbmc will generate a thumbnail for dvr-ms.

I saw an early incarnation of Rain, also many years ago, in a very hot (temp) outdoor concert.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I guess I'm asking whether its possible that a bug in the client could cause XBMC to be unable to get thumbnails for DVR.MS, in the same (or perhaps different) way that a bug in the client can prevent XBMC from playing DVR.MS files...

(2014-04-24, 04:17)krustyreturns Wrote: Not sure what you mean. Its xbmc that is generating thumbnails, not the client program, If you set swmc to return empty strings (doesn't matter file type) xbmc won't generate any thumbnails. If you instead return the client paths, I do think xbmc will generate a thumbnail for dvr-ms.

I saw an early incarnation of Rain, also many years ago, in a very hot (temp) outdoor concert.
No, the bug in the client for dvr-ms only is unrelated (in any way I can think of at least).
Well, to the extent that I get a vote, I say make it the default.

ServerWMC does a fine job sending out the links when asked, and the thumbnails load within a hundred ms after you click on a TV show for the first time. I don't think anyone will notice or care about that kind of delay.
From past eperience (ie complaints lol) users dont like seeing 10s/100s of default thumbnail icons on all their recordings. I wouldnt expect most people "click once" on every single recording... most recordings likely sit there unwatched for some time (possibly forever!). I think that not providing file paths causing the thumbnails to not be generated (until the recording is actually accessed) is enough of an issue to make the default setting "false"
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I have a question about that...

When I pull up the list of recordings, I see a bunch of folders... Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Middle, etc. Regardless of which version of ServerWMC I use (the original or the one you made for me), all the thumbnails are a blue folder. It is only when I enter the folder that I see the thumbnail for the show, and only about half of my shows have ever had thumbnails. For example, NBC Nightly News does not but CBS Evening News does.

With the modification you made for me, there's a very short lag-time (less than 1/4 of a second) before I see the thumbnail the first time that I go in, but then it is cached and stays forever. The next time that I go in, it is already there with no delay.

I never see icons in the list of programs/folders. Only when I enter the folder for the show.

If there's a way to cause the thumbnail icons to show up on the folders, I'd like to enable it. Can I do that?

If not, then what do you mean when you say "users dont like seeing 10s/100s of default thumbnail icons on all their records." How would I get those thumbnail icons to display??

(2014-04-24, 06:38)scarecrow420 Wrote: From past eperience (ie complaints lol) users dont like seeing 10s/100s of default thumbnail icons on all their recordings. I wouldnt expect most people "click once" on every single recording... most recordings likely sit there unwatched for some time (possibly forever!). I think that not providing file paths causing the thumbnails to not be generated (until the recording is actually accessed) is enough of an issue to make the default setting "false"
Yeah you are right in terms of the folder icons and no there is no way to have a thumbnail on those folders currently in XBMC that we know of. I guess I'm a bit over exaggerating (although technically you could have 10s or 100s of episodes of the same show)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-04-24, 06:38)scarecrow420 Wrote: From past eperience (ie complaints lol) users dont like seeing 10s/100s of default thumbnail icons on all their recordings. I wouldnt expect most people "click once" on every single recording... most recordings likely sit there unwatched for some time (possibly forever!). I think that not providing file paths causing the thumbnails to not be generated (until the recording is actually accessed) is enough of an issue to make the default setting "false"

As a user, I agree, but not enough to complain

However, the recordings list in WMC ends up having a more "polished" look since each episode has a different thumbnail. My daily show and colbert report folders just have a whole bunch of the same thumbnail repeatedly. Well, I turned off the folder organization in the server, but the list of recordings has the same thumbnail for every episode. I do like the option of folder or no folder though
@Dark_Slayer,

If you don't like the guide images imported for the episodes (with gives every episode the same 'marketing' type image), you can turn off the import of these images (see display tab in swmc). I personally like the guide images better since the generated thumbnails frequently are of a commercial or the wrong show (assuming you have added timer padding).

It would really be nice to be able to place a series folder image. The current pvr interface doesn't give us a way to do that, but I would think the skinners could solve be able to pick an episode image for the folder.
In my install, once you enter a folder for a program, the thumbnail is generated and applied to all of the shows. Is it different on yours?

(2014-04-24, 08:33)scarecrow420 Wrote: (although technically you could have 10s or 100s of episodes of the same show)
(2014-04-24, 16:29)krustyreturns Wrote: @Dark_Slayer,

If you don't like the guide images imported for the episodes (with gives every episode the same 'marketing' type image), you can turn off the import of these images (see display tab in swmc). I personally like the guide images better since the generated thumbnails frequently are of a commercial or the wrong show (assuming you have added timer padding)

Thanks, I thought that was for channel logos (since I can't read the wiki Smile )

I checked ignore guide images and reset the PVR database, but the standard images persist. I left the "ignore thumbnails" unchecked . . . if I understand correctly, that will put the show thumbnails next to each recording like it looks in WMC?

Probably need to purge some image cache that I don't know about
@Dark_Slayer,

My instructions in my previous post may have been confusing. In the display tab turn on
"Ignore Recording images from WMC", you can also just set this value directly in the config.xml file. The value is:
IsIgnoringRecordingImages, set it to true.
You probably have to delete the Textures*.db file. When you delete that, it forces a refresh of all thumbnails.

(2014-04-25, 07:20)Dark_Slayer Wrote: I checked ignore guide images and reset the PVR database, but the standard images persist. I left the "ignore thumbnails" unchecked . . . if I understand correctly, that will put the show thumbnails next to each recording like it looks in WMC?

Probably need to purge some image cache that I don't know about
(2014-04-25, 16:23)krustyreturns Wrote: @Dark_Slayer,

My instructions in my previous post may have been confusing. In the display tab turn on
"Ignore Recording images from WMC", you can also just set this value directly in the config.xml file. The value is:
IsIgnoringRecordingImages, set it to true.

No I think I got it

Turned on "Ignore Recording Images" (checked)
Turned off "Ignore thumbnails" (unchecked) -- I want these

(2014-04-25, 17:34)advocate99 Wrote: You probably have to delete the Textures*.db file. When you delete that, it forces a refresh of all thumbnails.
Sounds correct, but does that take out my entire library's art? I'm hesitant since I've ran Artwork Downloader more times than I care to count for disc, clearlogo, and clearart

I think I'll try just the EPG#.db first
So did a switch for my issue make it into the new ServerWMC version??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
URL for Active Recordings vs. URL for Completed Recordings0