Still no Netflix?
Netfix is 1/2 our family tv time.

I'm currently running win7 + xbmc + eventghost + advanced launcher + mce Netflix addon on a home build. Just bought a nuc for Windows + xbmc : Kids room/s. Should I continue with advance launcher and wmc Netflix? I hear 8.1 Netflix store app is awsome but I hate 8.1 and understand it to be remote un-friendly.

xbmc is great media center software, but if I ever had any criticism, it'd be the lack of Netflix support from '3rd party' plugins, or better yet, the xbmc release itself. Maybe xbmc team should tackle this. Or is it that Netflix is the problem?

Am I better off with the same setup I currently have?
The XBMC Team has tried to work with third party services without much luck, I remember reading a post from Ned saying he'd sent emails to numerous service providers - all either ignored or declined, don't under-estimate big business ignorance.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I just got the Windows 8 Netflix app working with Frodo (no addons required, so this should work in Gotham too); see thread below:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193001

During testing of the Windows 8 Netflix app, I did notice that there seems to be zero keyboard navigation. For a remote, I plan to buy something like a wireless presenter with gyro, (the kind of thing that people use for PowerPoint presentations) so I can mouse with it too.

Despite that shortcoming, I think the Windows 8 Netflix app is the only decent Netflix option for HTPCs at the moment, so maybe it would be worth it for you. If so, I recommend Windows 8.1 with update, because it lets you disable that pop-up start screen 'feature' so it acts normally, closing the app and returning to the last thing you were doing on the desktop (XBMC).

Also, yes, Netflix is a big part of the problem. They stopped issuing new public API developer keys last year, and after that, introduced Profiles, which broke lots of old Netflix apps.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/8/4081336...ontinue-to

EDIT: I haven't tried it, but I hear PlayOn works. From what I gather, it's software that translates from streaming video sources such as Netflix to DLNA, so you can add it to XBMC as a DLNA source. Caveats: It's $30-$70, it transcodes (degrading the picture quality), and you have to use a plugin to get fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still no Netflix?0