Live TV Problems

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
mini__me Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 2009
Reputation: 0
Post: #1
Hi All,

Apologies for this before I start but I'm currently blocked from pastebin where I am at the moment so I'll only post snippets of the logs to prevent flooding, I can upload the full log if required later today Smile

I'm having some issues with launching Live Streams I think I can see the problem and I think I know why, and there may already be a config option that I can tweak but I haven't found it yet Smile

I currently use DVBLink to feed WMC my encrypted streams, this means that WMC believes that all streams are unencrypted, which therefore means that it can take a few seconds (generally now more than ~6 seconds) before the stream is decrypted for Live TV and Recordings in WMC during which period I get a black screen. I think it's this short period of "no video" that is causing the remux to fail.

2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 Remux::FindDescriptors> wtv scanned (20.00 sec), Streams found:
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 > Audio: ID:69 (nar) MPEG Audio
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 > Audio: ID:70 (eng) AC3
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 > Other: ID:71 MS TV Caption
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 > Video: ID:72 Unknown
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 Remux::FindDescriptors> Removing 'ID:72 Unknown' for invalid video descriptor
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 Remux::FindDescriptors> Output streams:
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 > Audio: ID:69 (nar) MPEG Audio
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 > Audio: ID:70 (eng) AC3
2014/04/21 17:30:20.248 Remux::FindDescriptors> warning: no video streams found

I can then stop and start the stream immediately again on the same channel and have it work the next time:

2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 Remux::FindDescriptors> wtv scanned (4.85 sec), Streams found:
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Audio: ID:73 (nar) MPEG Audio V1L2 Stereo 48000 Hz 192 kb/s
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Audio: ID:74 (eng) AC3 2.0 48000 Hz 384 kb/s
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Other: ID:75 MS TV Caption
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Video: ID:76 AVC Main-4.0
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 Remux::FindDescriptors> Output streams:
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Audio: ID:73 (nar) MPEG Audio V1L2 Stereo 48000 Hz 192 kb/s
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Audio: ID:74 (eng) AC3 2.0 48000 Hz 384 kb/s
2014/04/21 17:30:27.380 > Video: ID:76 AVC Main-4.0
2014/04/21 17:30:27.553 StreamProc> 'ts' file created, size: 65,536 in 5.03 sec
2014/04/21 17:30:27.553 StreamProc> total time: 5.06 sec


As you can see I've tried increasing the wait WTV scan to 20,000 ms from the 10,000 ms default and I've also tried increasing the wait for WTV.....but so far no joy.

I'm fairly confident in my guess that it's down to the streams starting off being encrypted and then clearing as I can replicate the first log set above by tuning to a channel I don't subscribe to which always results in the first descriptor log being displayed.

I can provide sample WTV/TS and full logs, but not right now from where I am Smile

Thanks for anything in advance you can suggest for me to try Big Grin
find quote
spaceboy Offline
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation: 4
Post: #2
I have the same setup, haven't needed to make any changes to get this to work
find quote
mini__me Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 2009
Reputation: 0
Post: #3
In general mine works, but I am definitely getting the above, normally when I am switched to a new tuner as one has been used by WMC for recording or another client has connected.

Unfortunately I have a whole host of TBS DVB cards in my PC which are known to have high channel change times for encrypted channels in DVBLogic, despite them switching almost instantly with anything else.

As much as I would love to buy a load of Digital Devices kit instead, I really can't justify that expense Smile

Happy to compare configs and setup over PM to prevent flooding the forum.
find quote
krustyreturns Offline
Moderator
Posts: 1,402
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 46
Location: Springfield Heights, CA
Post: #4
@mini__me,

Comparing with spaceboy is a good idea.

For this case, just increasing the wait time to TS is probably not enough. Try increasing the config parameter:
RemuxParseMaxHeadersForAudio
Increasing this value will make the remuxer analyze more packets to determine the video stream format before it gives up (its 'audio' name is a bit of a misnomer).

You could also try just having the remuxer skip the video packet analysis completely by setting:
AnalyzePacketsForDescriptors to false

Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
find quote
mini__me Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 2009
Reputation: 0
Post: #5
Excellent tips! Will initially go the descriptor skip, and then try the audio time increase.

Thank you for the help!
find quote
mini__me Offline
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Jun 2009
Reputation: 0
Post: #6
Managed to perform some testing of this, and I decided against using the sledgehammer approach initially (as I suggested I would in the previous post) and instead went with the better/neater option of increasing the RemuxParseMaxHeadersForAudio as I felt more comfortable it trying to remux something if it knew what it was.

This worked perfectly, so thank you very much for the assistance! As always in your debt Smile
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-23 16:34 by mini__me.)
find quote