Re-scrape library without clean-up (=without loosing watched state)
Hi folks,

I recently upgraded all my devices to Gotham Beta 3 and I need to re-scrape my video library to download all artwork again. In previous versions (Frodo) I didn't loose watched state after un-setting and re-setting content on my video folder. Now it does library clean-up before scraping. Is there any way to re-scrape without cleaning up?

Thanks and sorry if this was already answered, didn't find the answer though.

Michael
Change scraper temporarily on your source, choose No when it asks you if you want to rescrape, then change it back and choose Yes. Or are you saying that approach doesn't work anymore?
Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. This used to work on previous versions, yesterday I did it on Gotham B3 and I lost watched state on all my movies. I recovered from this situation manually, but now I need to rescrape TV shows and that's a lot more of content...
did this on beta4 last week and it still worked
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That's weird. I just updated to B4 (windows) and tried it on my music videos (there's only a few of them) and again - got a message "Cleaning database" and then it re-scraped and cleared watched state on all of them...
XBMC seems to record watched status in two places, once in the library part of the DB, and once for the actual file path. Since the file path records don't get changed if you add or remove things from the library, XBMC is able to keep track of the watch status when you refresh the library, but only if it recorded this for the file path. So anything you've manually switched as "watched", like using a remote or the context menu, will probably get wiped out.

Not sure if that's the case here, but I thought I would throw it out there.
I also had a strange behavior with watched/unwatched state in Gotham and I don't know if it is related to this. I set several watched episodes to unwatched with context menu and it worked. I watched some of that episodes but they all stayed unwatched (even if xbmc reports I already watched them once). Is it related?
If it is not sorry.tomorrow I will try to reproduce it, provide a full log and submit a proper bug report in any case
(2014-04-23, 23:01)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC seems to record watched status in two places, once in the library part of the DB, and once for the actual file path. Since the file path records don't get changed if you add or remove things from the library, XBMC is able to keep track of the watch status when you refresh the library, but only if it recorded this for the file path. So anything you've manually switched as "watched", like using a remote or the context menu, will probably get wiped out.

Not sure if that's the case here, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Nah, I don't think this is the case, because all my movies were properly watched in the past, not flagged manually with the remote. And I lost the watched state for all of them. But strangely I didn't loose the time stamps (when you stop your movie during playback and continue watching later).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re-scrape library without clean-up (=without loosing watched state)0