Win 12.3 “Frodo” or 13.0 "Gotham" for me?
Hello

Im using a NAS running WS2012R2 which Im going to be installing XBMC only for streaming to my DLNA compatible blu-ray and TV. I plan on using nothing else from XBMC AFAIK. Which should I go with: 12.3 “Frodo” or 13.0 "Gotham"?

Thank you
ಠ_ಠ
(2014-04-23, 22:56)Ned Scott Wrote: ಠ_ಠ
Could you please clarify your answer?

Im asking because I believe the latest beta version has some new DLNA and streaming features.
New if in some areas, but nothing new if you're just using a DLNA bluray player or DLNA TV, except for maybe some bug fixes. If that's all you're going to use XBMC for, then there's actually some better UPnP/DLNA server apps out there.
(2014-04-24, 16:00)Ned Scott Wrote: If that's all you're going to use XBMC for, then there's actually some better UPnP/DLNA server apps out there.
Really?

I was recommended XBMC over Plex for my needs.
XBMC is a complete Media Center system. If all you need is a UPnP server with a decent library, XBMC will do that fine - but its sort of overkill.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-24, 18:39)pr0xZen Wrote: XBMC is a complete Media Center system. If all you need is a UPnP server with a decent library, XBMC will do that fine - but its sort of overkill.
Well, is there something you can recommend?
Serviio, Twonky, Windows Media Player... and that's before you get to MediaTomb, minidlna and anything Linux-based that you could run in a VM if you really felt like it. Pick something, give it a try, see what works for you. You may find that some offer features you can't live without, while others are laden with things you simply don't ever think about or care for.

Both Plex and XBMC are overkill for this, as has been said, unless you ever plan on driving other media clients beyond DLNA (e.g. XBMC on a tablet or 'phone) or perhaps watching stuff on your server directly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 “Frodo” or 13.0 "Gotham" for me?0