Android I have lag when playing from USB
I have Android Home Box thingy that's attached to my TV. When I attach the USB to the Android Home Box and open videos on my USB via XBMC, they lag. A lot. When I open the same videos from that USB via Home Theater application on that same device, they work fine, however, Home theater is really shit, it has no subtitles nor can I use my remote for XBMC that I have on my tablet.
I have cleared the cache memory of XBMC, I have tried adjusting all the options in video settings, the movies and tv shows still lag a lot when I play them via XBMC through USB. I simply don't know what to do anymore and hence I am coming to you people. What could be the problem?

This is the one I have
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/EAxJ5rzAUIc/maxresdefault.jpg

so tl;dr: Videos I play from USB don't lag when played on Home Theater or PC, but do lag when played via XBMC. Lesser than 720p videos do fine everywhere.
What version of XBMC are you running? XBMC 13.0 will have many improvements for running on Android hardware. I don't understand why you can't get subtitles or the remote you use on your tablet to work on your home theater PC. There are addons to download subtitles for movies and the app I am using on my android phone and tablet run all my XBMC boxes perfectly, I have a Windows, Openelec and Raspberry Pi.
(2014-04-22, 21:15)Zygon Wrote: What version of XBMC are you running? XBMC 13.0 will have many improvements for running on Android hardware. I don't understand why you can't get subtitles or the remote you use on your tablet to work on your home theater PC. There are addons to download subtitles for movies and the app I am using on my android phone and tablet run all my XBMC boxes perfectly, I have a Windows, Openelec and Raspberry Pi.

I have some Custom Wizard Edition that was there when I got the android home box device.
The thing with the subtitles and remote control is that I can't get them to work OUTSIDE the XBMC, I would like them to work in Home Theater application for instance, but that's really not the main issue, the lag is :/ So you're saying I should try out installing 13.0 XBMC and see how it goes? Must I overwrite my current one or can I install it separably?
I am not familiar with that specific device for side loading XBMC. It is possible it will create a separate version or it may overwrite the version of XBMC on that device. Also, XBMC 13.0 "Gotham" is currently in beta and has not been officially released, it is possible that once it is released the app store on your Android device my update your current version of XBMC. If you want to test it out you can just go to the download page and grab the beta apk.
Also take a look at the following wiki, you may be able to eek out some more performance from that device:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=And...mance_tips
You sir are a life savior. I downloaded 13.0 and everything suddenly FUCKING WORKS. I love you so much, I've been struggling with it for weeks <3 Love you man.
No problem, glad I could help. Make sure to update to the official release of Gotham when it becomes available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have lag when playing from USB0