Optical Output sending PCM stereo instead of Dolby / DTS
Music 
Hi all, I apologize if this issue was covered in another thread. I couldn't find one for this exact issue. I've always used my MacBook Pro's optical audio output to connect to a Dolby / DTS 5.1 receiver. In the past, selecting "enable pass thru audio" has always sent the encoded audio channel straight to my receiver which would decode it to 5.1 channels and provide a Dolby or DTS logo as visual confirmation of the signal.

However, for at least since I upgraded to 13.0 BETA 3, and also confirmed within 13.0 BETA 4, the Dolby / DTS channels are being transmitted as PCM stereo instead. I've tried numerous video files and confirmed that they had a Dolby or DTS 5.1 audio track and all have this problem within XBMC. I've also confirmed that the issue is not with my receiver by playing the same video files using VLC. When played with VLC, the Dolby or DTS logo appears on the receiver as well as a 5.1 channel output. I can't confirm whether or not this was happening in BETA 2 as I only noticed it on BETA 3.

My debug_log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=183355

Any help would be much appreciated. I love XBMC but I also love Dolby / DTS :-)

Thanks in advance!
Yaron
Just to check: you have set passthrough device to "default output" or "SPDIF" and enabled the "capable receiver" toggles for AC3 and DTS?
These settings are only visible on the "advanced" settings level in Gotham.
You sir, are a saint! I had no idea that advanced settings existed. Changing settings to advanced revealed that DTS compatible receiver was unchecked and so was Enable Dolby Digital Transcoding. Checking both off fixed the problem. Thanks!!!
No problem! That's what a community is for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optical Output sending PCM stereo instead of Dolby / DTS0