WANTED: Personal Assistant
Seems so, according to the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_sets#M...et_manager (suggest you read that). Any particular reaason why you don't update?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Does anyone offer a service anywhere to set a box up ? Like a 1 hour, $50 gotomeeting session and just set a box up hpw the end user wants ? Honestly some of you guys are brilliant at this but I dont want to be. If I could watch someone set it up I would learn enough about the basics to continue to use it.
There might be someone who would be able to offer something like that, but I'm not sure this is the best place (in the forum) to ask of such. Might have better luck in support/off-topic or similar.

Given the incredible opportunities and flexibility of XBMC and its add-ons, I'd strongly suggest you learn a little bit about setting it up and how some of the things work "under the hood". It will surely be worth your time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-24, 16:23)pr0xZen Wrote: Seems so, according to the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_sets#M...et_manager (suggest you read that). Any particular reaason why you don't update?

cuz I'm old, and new ain't always better Wink

Oh, and because I caught upgrade-itis due to my latest phone update debacle.

And, I just spent 2 months getting use to where things are in Frodo / AEON NOX.

But, I'll be testing it soon on a PC near me.
Well, if you're shy of upgrades - then trying it out on a different system first, might be a good idea. You'll get a feel of the changes, although much of it is still "under the hood".

It is quite possible that a lot of your current setups, can be directly transferred from your previous install - but some things may have changed too much for the various configurations to just "work through overwrite". Backup your userdata and audio/video db.
Wow... 2 years now since I started tinkering with XBMC on a PC.

I tried numerous media servers (Windows, Plex (on Roku), WD-TV, some strange proprietary devices. XBMC with AEON NOX was the exact way I envisioned my home theater.

I've learned a lot in the last 2 years, and I'm sure I'm only using about 5% of what XBMC/KODI is capable of. It's funny when I search (google) for help on something and come across an old post of mine, like this one.
I just point them here and here

Quote:Does anyone offer a service anywhere to set a box up ? Like a 1 hour, $50 goto meeting session and just set a box up hpw the end user wants ? Honestly some of you guys are brilliant at this but I dont want to be.

I see you're still with us, are you brilliant yet? think $50 bucks and 1 hour would cut it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WANTED: Personal Assistant0