Not quite a Headless XBMC
I am working on a app that basically stores and resends XBMC notifications and commands.

What this means in essence is the library is kept up-to-date without XBMC running, so that your library is ready when you load up XBMC. Kinda.

This is only going to be useful to people running the XBMC client away from the machine that is downloading the media, and those using the MySQL library.

What the application does is fake an XMBC client web service, and does it's best to respond, which is why it needs the MySQL library. Any commands like Show notification or Scan Library (add new videos) it stores. Then it searches from a list of actual XBMC client web services and send on those commands when it finds one. So when you turn XBMC back on it immediately updates the tv shows that have new episodes, and only those shows, but only if new stuff has arrived. This takes seconds so saves time on large collections when you don't have to scan your entire library.

Where it is so far:

The app works with Sickbeard
I am just adding a method of configuring the parameters.

I need some testers who can provide feedback, can I have a show of hands who would be interested?
I'd be interested. I have 3x Android clients, 1x Linux Client, & 1 Windows client.

All of them use separate, MySQL databases. I can test your app on Windows & Linux.

Looking forward to helping,
-Vlad
https://github.com/OFark/XBMCCP

All the files in the bin/Debug/ folder SHOULD be enough, let me know if they aren't.

You will also need .net 4.5. I have included a link in the repo
I have downloaded your app, ran it and configured it to my XBMC installation and mysql server. Now what?
Dot.net?
Please make this app OS-independent, so that it runs on Linux also. Many of us have a headless Linux server
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not quite a Headless XBMC0