Why read AND write permission on NFS share?
According to this wiki article (section "6.2.1 Synology") I have to grant Read/Write privileges to the share.
Otherwise it may not work correctly with xbmc, or so.

What's the point? Why does xbmc need also write permissions on my videos? I don't want to do this, if this isn't really necessary.

Best regards
I would say to e.g. update the watched/playcount status in .nfo files?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I'd have thought that was only necessary if you ever intend to export your media library, a process which then creates the artwork and NFO files within your share. If you don't intend to do this (it's not necessary for most people) then just export and mount the share read-only.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Also if you use subtitle addons (download to movie folders).
Write access is not mandatory, readonly is fine, but as mentioned by previous posters, some features won't work in that case.
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why read AND write permission on NFS share?0