PM Music Vis Glitch with OS Radeon driver
Hi. I'm running xbmc frodo (12.3Git9ed3e58 Dec 13, 2013) on ubuntu 13.10. I recently switched (and reinstalled mesa and other libs) to the opensource radeon drivers (Radeon HD 7560D) because I was hoping in the future to setup vdpau with gotham etc. Previously with the fglrx driver, everything was pretty good, loads of cpu usage though, even when Idle. But it's a dedicated system so I'm not really worried about that.

Anyhow, with the os drivers I'm getting some glitches in the projectmayhem music visualization. The bottom 1/4 of the screen is glitchy patches of fanart or other random textures. I can provide pictures if it would help. The top 3/4 is a-ok. It actually sometimes iterates the glitchy bottom portion into the effects on the top part which creates a neat effect. But either way, I'd like it working properly.

I am wondering maybe if there was some settings I should try in my xorg.conf, seeing as how it's sometimes past fanart, I'm thinking some buffer isn't clearing properly, or being rewritten (don't really know enough about it to elaborate).

Anyone have any ideas?
Is there a guide somewhere on getting frodo and the opensource radeon drivers playing nicely together?
try turning down the vis quality to one down from max.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM Music Vis Glitch with OS Radeon driver0