Any music fans interested in starting an LRC lyrics file music project?
Ok, so resurrecting this old thread once again.

Read the first post please to see my original intent.

I believe this goal is now finally achievable with much less work.
I've been using Kodi to download lyrics files. And unlike when I first started this thread the bulk of them are now actually LRC files as opposed to plain text.
Also there is a filter to eliminate the Asian subtitles if they exist.

However some of the original issues still exist or this post wouldn't be necessary.
I've come across inconsistent timing, incorrect lyrics, spelling or grammar errors etc... but things do seem to be much better.

Doing this properly will still require listening to complete albums while checking against the lyrics.

First step is obtaining all the files. Setting up Kodi to save the files to the directory of the music files is what I am doing.
Acquiring files for thousands of files wont be as bad as you may think.
The last couple days I'm browsing by artists that I have bigger music collections for and before work for example I simply let it start playing their entire library while I'm gone. After work if that is done then start the next artist... its been running 24 hours.
If you are working at the computer you can simply click the next track button. The song only has to play for a second and the lyrics are saved. You could literally bang out 100 songs in less than 5 minutes that way.
So that is the easiest way to acquire the preliminary lyrics that I can think of.

After that then it time to sit back and relax and listen to some music.
Open the LRC file in notepad while playing in Kodi. Watch the screen and see if the lyrics are correct and timed properly.
You can make corrections in notepad on the fly and simply save the file when done.
You can generally tell in the first few lines of lyrics if the song will be ok.. most wont require any editing as things seem to have gotten more accurate but I've still seen some songs that are absolute trainwrecks. I can't understand why some people waste their time doing shit work then actually submitting garbage for download. If its worth doing then its worth doing right.

I've noticed the biggest issue with live cds or special or promo cds... Kodi pulls lyrics for the original CD the song came from. So even if the lyrics are still correct there is a good chance the timing is not.
For now I'll probably just bypass these types of albums completely.

If anyone is willing to help I think it would be easiest to simply assign complete artist libraries.
I plan to obviously start with my favorite bands and go from there.
I'm going to ask in some Facebook music pages like I originally posted.

So if anyone here is interested in participating in this then please let me know. I'm doing this even if I do it alone... it'll just take some time.

Some things will need to be done to make this consistent.
I'd assume most peoples music naming format is track - title
01 - track one
02 - track two
etc.
This is how all my files are and how Kodi will save them.

If everyones naming structure is not consistent its not the end of the world. If someone is different than mine and for example the first track is artist-track-title then using a program I have called Better File Rename I could rename an entire artist library in literally under a minute.

As for some other things many of the people that created the lyric file put their name in it as such
[by:Limpan]

I will be deleting these from my files. I do appreciate their effort but I don't know the person and have no desire to see their name on my screen when I listen to my music. I wont be inserting my name into any of the files I create or edit.

So before I go any further here I'll wait and see if there is any interest. In the mean time I've already downloaded 500+ files and that number will be at least tripled or more by tomorrow.
Editing has also begun as well.
I am interested in this kind of project. I even wrote my own addon for making synchronized lyrics. The output is .srt but those are easily converted to lrc. I couldn't find anything faster than my addon for doing this kind of thing so I'd be interested to see what tools you're using for it.

I'm disappointed that there aren't many libraries out there for downloading high quality .lrc files. When I look for the subtitles for a film on yify, there's often multiple files available and people vote on which is best. I have never found anything like that for lyrics.
Okayyyyyyyyyyy.... so I started this thread 5 years ago.
And while I have acquired LRC files for the bulk of my library using Kodi and other methods like WinAmp with MiniLyrics...
The problem is many people do a half assed job when doing things like this.
Incorrect lyrics, capitalization, punctuation, bad timing on the lyrics, incomplete lyrics for example when a line may repeat multiple times at the end of a song... and so forth.
So I've started taking my existing LRC files and playing with Winamp. I simply have the LRC file open in a text editor ready to make edits as the song plays.

If anyone is willing to contribute that would be awesome. Tackling a full album or even full artist would be the best route to take, I think.

I will be starting with my favorite bands of course. With Punk Rock heading the list.
Starting with Blink-182. I will probably follow up with Pennywise and Bad Religion... and maybe Dead Kennedys and Offspring.
Other bands high on my list will be Clutch, Slipknot, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, and Led Zeppelin.

LRC files are small in size so finding a way to share them all shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm also looking to see if there is a way to pull LRC files from sites like Spotify or musixmatch but even big name sites like that don't have perfect lyrics.

Let me know if there is any interest... I should have brought this up again when many people were stuck at home for the scamdemic!!
Over the years I have fixed 2,000+ "half-assed" lyrics in my library. Happy to share them.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-03-07, 22:26)Karellen Wrote: Over the years I have fixed 2,000+ "half-assed" lyrics in my library. Happy to share them.

Awesome to hear!
Any chance you happen to have a list of what's in your library?

And as you obviously have more experience maybe you could share whatever method you used that might make it easier. Anything I may not have though of... Aside from a text editor to edit the LRC files any particular software?
I'm pretty sure there are programs to start from scratch and select the next text with simple mouse clicks instead of entering in time stamps manually.
I started doing some on the Musixmatch app on my phone as well... but I don't know if there is any way to save the LRC file from it... I emailed them but awaiting a response.
(2022-03-08, 00:57)huttdes Wrote: maybe you could share whatever method you used that might make it easier
Sure. I use Foobar2000 with the Lyric Show Panel 3 plugin, which displays the lyrics in Foobar and also allows editing and syncing
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/vi...ie_lyrics3
Simple interface. Lyrics top right, then from the context menu select Edit lyrics to get the edit box...

(2022-03-08, 00:57)huttdes Wrote: Any chance you happen to have a list of what's in your library?
Its not a big library, and is a bit outdated as we don't listen to music that often anymore.
https://paste.kodi.tv/itabubigeh
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I used Foobar many years ago but not for anything lyric related. I will check out that option to see how it is.

Right after I made that post I created one from a song I have which had no LRC file using this website.

https://www.lrcgenerator.com/

It was very straight forward and simple to use. Worked really good.

I'll download Foobar and give it shot as well.

Thanks... I'll be back...
Definitely loving the Foobar method!!!
(2022-03-08, 02:26)huttdes Wrote: Definitely loving the Foobar method!!!
Great!!
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any music fans interested in starting an LRC lyrics file music project?4