No Dolby Digital Sound ATV2 (black)
I have xbmc installed on my ATV2. Im going optical to my sony reciever. In the apple tv settings. i have dolby digital "on" and set to "16 bit"... dolby digital works fine playing anything from apple tv apps. in xbmc i have optical out enabled, set to 5.1, and dolby digital/dts capable reciever enabled. When i stream a movie with DD sound... my reciever recognizes it and goes into DD mode such like it normaly does... but no sound. any ideas?
updated to 13.0 gotham beta 4. still no difference
you see the DD in the receiver but get no sound? Thats an unknown issue. Never heart of those problems and can't really tell how this is even possible. If the receiver detects dd it gets a valid stream - this stream is unaltered by xbmc.

post debug log (wiki) from gotham beta4
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
yea did some research nobody is having an issue quite like that. as soon as the movie starts the reciever shows dolby digital 5.1 and multi-channel encoding bar lights up... same way it does when i play a DD hbo go movie off same apple tv. but silent
Is the mute icon in XBMC shown somehow? But even that isn't even possible - as xbmc is not able to mute passed through audio at all.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
no mute... if the movie has both stereo sound and dolby digital. i can switch it to stereo and disable passthrough and i get analog sound...
Not really thinking it helps here but can you post a debug log (wiki) please?
its working
and what was the solution?
Hey, exact same problem. How did you fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Dolby Digital Sound ATV2 (black)0