live stream public tv from web site
I have Kodibuntu connected to my TV and have been using it for several months. My movie and TV show collections play very well. However, I still have an issue.

Our local public YV station (and the PBS network site pbs.org) allow streaming of many shows. I can watch these on my PC in a browser and they are ok but that is obviously not the most comfortable way to view a show.

I can connect a normal windoze PC to the TV, and thereby display what is playing in the browser on the TV, but what I get that way is less than satisfactory for a lot of reasons. I would like to come up with a method that can be used on an ad-hoc basis rather than going through the gyrations of setting up a 'stream' file because a lot of shows are only available during a short time window. There should be a way, but I have not found a method that works.

Has anyone successfully done this?

My thanks in advance.
Look at Strm (wiki) else idk, there is a PBS addon in repo but not sure if supports these thngs or not..
Thanks for replying.

I have followed the wiki and it works for some streams but not the public tv streams because they vary all over the place. As I stated, they play n a normal web browser on a PC or mobile device. I just have not found a way to stream these to the home theater system / 60 inch HD TV. There has to be a way!

BTW, the PBS add on supports only some specials and some particular "shows". It is not a general utility for PBS network or public TV shows.
The problem with the varying stream is just that. Aside form what you already tried, Im not sure of anything else to suggest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live stream public tv from web site0