Playon/UPNP Generic Agent?
@Montellese

Installed the latest XBMCBuntu, upgraded it via ppa nightly and still no HD via Playon.

debug can be found here: http://pastebin.com/4ZEsf1sh
A quick question here, as I've yet to had time to try out this solution - not much time for 'flixing these days; What kind of "interface" are you guys getting in XBMC, when accessing Netflix through PlayOn? Is it fullworthy, "filelist", only favorites & cues etc...? Maybe even a screenshot...? Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
pr0xZen,

it's pretty much a text based navigation of the NetFlix site. you'll "see" My List and other links (TV SHOWS, MOVIE GENRES, etc) but no recommendations like you would from the NetFlix site (i.e. "Because you watched SHARK TANK")

in other words, it's fairly boring.

as you drill down however, you can set up your views and see thumbnails of shows, movies, etc. the way i use the PlayOn server is grab strms from it with XBMC.MyLibrary, so all that is fairly invisible to me as the shows are incorporated directly into the library.
Anyone seen any indication of this fix being rolled out to the Linux builds yet? I grabbed the latest Helix build of Openelec earlier this week and it seems to still use the old user-agent.
Anyone know if the changes made its way into the new Gotham release (13.2 beta 1)?
Nope because it looks like it isn't working properly on linux and I haven't had the time yet to look into it. Furthermore it's not really a fix (on the xbmc side) because xbmc works perfectly fine without the change.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Finally had the time to look into fixing this dor Linux. It should work now (starting with tomorrow's nightly build).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Related to this issue: is there a decent compile guide for XBMC on rbp to finish a successful test build? I'm using xbmc-14 latest binary available and still the same issue with SD/HD content between playon and xbmc.
Managed to recompile the OpenELEC xbmc for RPi with 13.x release. Here is simple instructions how to do it:

Requirements:
- Linux distribution ( I used Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS 32 bits for this build )
- Access to official building instructions http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...spberry_Pi

Steps:
- Follow the basic steps in building instructions above up to the point where you need to start actual building process ( up to "PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make release" ). I recommend here to start a screen session just in case you loose connectivity to host. Building process takes a lot of time and you it's a good idea to have it start it in a screen session just in case you need to check from someplace else.
- cd to OpenELEC build root and then to "projects/RPi/patches/xbmc"
- create a file called hd_patch.patch and paste the flowing( content between === ):

===
diff -ru a/xbmc-13-6d3bb09/lib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core/PltHttp.h b/xbmc-13-6d3bb09/lib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core/PltHttp.h
--- a/lib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core/PltHttp.h 2014-07-19 09:27:00.000000000 +0300
+++ b/lib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core/PltHttp.h 2014-07-28 01:11:42.662411456 +0300
@@ -49,11 +49,11 @@
| constants
+---------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#if !defined(PLT_HTTP_DEFAULT_USER_AGENT)
-#define PLT_HTTP_DEFAULT_USER_AGENT "UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 Platinum/" PLT_PLATINUM_SDK_VERSION_STRING
+#define PLT_HTTP_DEFAULT_USER_AGENT "UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 XBMC Platinum/" PLT_PLATINUM_SDK_VERSION_STRING
#endif

#if !defined(PLT_HTTP_DEFAULT_SERVER)
-#define PLT_HTTP_DEFAULT_SERVER "UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 Platinum/" PLT_PLATINUM_SDK_VERSION_STRING
+#define PLT_HTTP_DEFAULT_SERVER "UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 XBMC Platinum/" PLT_PLATINUM_SDK_VERSION_STRING
#endif
===
- cd to top dir ( OpenELEC ) and issue command "PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make release"
- after build process is ready ( might take 2-4 hours depending on hw. ) you end up under "target" dir with build of patched version
- upgrade or install according to official instruction

For me it worked after first build and no need to do anything else. If for some reason you want to recompile only section of OpenELEC ( the patched one ) then you can delete folder "build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel/.stamps/xbmc" and issue make sequence again. It will only patch,config and build the xbmc without the rest.
Did this not make it into the mainstream linux builds?

I thought it had, but looking at the source code it looks like it didn't
Is this still an issue? I am thinking of purchasing Playon but I do not want to waste the money if it only streams sd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon/UPNP Generic Agent?0