Playon/UPNP Generic Agent?
Awesome. Supremely helpful, even though I was posting in the wrong thread on accident. Smile Should I be using NFS instead?

Also, I had already set up all my PlayOn paths to Amazon, Hulu, etc., in my sources without using the proxy server. The only thing I changed to the proxy server was the root PlayOn source. In other words, when XBMC.MyLibrary looks for the "Hulu" source in my XBMC instance, the one I have is currently "PlayOn UPnP/Hulu," not "PlayOn UPnP (Proxy)/Hulu." Will that be OK, or should I change them all?
Ratzofftoya, let's take this up in the XBMC.MyLibrary thread. i'll respond to you other there.
Here's a win32 test build (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...cation.exe) which should use the following User-Agent/Server HTTP header value:
Code:
UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 XBMC
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Monetllese, already commented on the ticket. Tested this out and it works! Was able to stream HD from PlayOn withOUT use of BubbleUPnP. Thanks very much for this. Hopefully if incorporated into Gotham 13.1, the Openelec people will include it as well.
(2014-05-17, 16:03)hellohello Wrote: Monetllese, already commented on the ticket. Tested this out and it works! Was able to stream HD from PlayOn withOUT use of BubbleUPnP. Thanks very much for this. Hopefully if incorporated into Gotham 13.1, the Openelec people will include it as well.

Im using the test build right now. So far so good. HD right from my playon server to xbmc on other machine. Awesome work.
Eagerly anticipating the ubuntu release!
Works great on Windows. Good job, guys.

Like RATZOFFTOYA, hoping for a linux/OE fix soon.
This improvement has just been merged into XBMC master/mainline and will be available in the next nightly and monthly builds. Unfortunately it won't make it into any of the upcoming bugfix releases of the latest stable Gotham release and will have to wait for the next stable release.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-05-20, 22:25)Montellese Wrote: This improvement has just been merged into XBMC master/mainline and will be available in the next nightly and monthly builds. Unfortunately it won't make it into any of the upcoming bugfix releases of the latest stable Gotham release and will have to wait for the next stable release.

Awww... Does that mean we won't see it in 13.1 or .2? Are we looking at Helix (14)? Hopefully the Openelec peeps will pick up this fix and incorporate it in their build.

In any case, Montellese, much thanks. I've been following the GitHub conversations as it progressed from the USER-AGENT announcement piece to the NPT_CONFIG pull and appreciate the hard work you've been putting into it.
Just came over here after reading the Playon thread. Adding my support that I too would love to see this in a 13.2 as well, but if it can't happen until Helix, I'll try the BubbleUPnP workaround instead.
@Montellese

I've encountered a strange problem regarding the work you've done. While the UPnP Generic Agent issue has been resolved on nightly builds of Windows versions of XBMC, the problem persists on the OpenELEC (linux) side.

I've compiled from the master branch (XBMC commit: 4115565) and i see in the changes you've done to Makefile.include.in, configure.in included in that release.

I'll try a nightly on Android, see if the problem's there as well.

Nope, android got HD love. OK, so it maybe the problem resides with OpenELEC itself. I'll try a clean build and compile from scratch. Any other Linux users getting HD from PlayOn?
Is anyone on XBMCUbuntu nightly AND PlayOn getting HD?
Got in touch with the PlayOn folks. Although the current fix works on Android and Windows nightlies, it isnt on OpenELEC ones. According to the devs at PlayOn, they are still seeing this:

user-agent: "UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50", handles chunking = False

Is this something OpenELEC is doing or a patch(?) left out of the linux builds?
I have no idea about the OpenELEC build system. On Android and Linux the flag should come in through configure.in and Makefile.include.in.
Ok fair enough. Looks I'll be trying Ubuntu then. Thanks for checking in!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon/UPNP Generic Agent?0