New Fanless NUC: DE3815TYKHE
(2014-05-19, 14:00)trsqr Wrote: If you can point me out a few publicly available test videos, I can have a try and tell you how it goes.

Tnx. Here are some test videos: http://jell.yfish.us/
(2014-05-19, 06:15)trsqr Wrote: Sraue, I had to compile my own OE with MMC support and do a manual install instead of using the installer. Seeing that you're taking interest in this NUC, is there a chance that OE will support this out of the box?

(2014-05-19, 07:51)jammyb Wrote: oE have posted on Facebook that they got it up and running and installed on the eMMC.

(2014-05-19, 10:57)trsqr Wrote: I have it up and running on the eMMC as well, but I had to do a manual installation and had to compile my version of OE 4.0.1 with MMC support built in to the kernel.

I could run it on USB stick or internal drive out-of-the-box using this NUC of course...

http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/127-...2-released

"We added (e-)MMC support to our Generic kernels and our installer so we now support the installation on devices with included eMMC flash storage like Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE and DE3815TYBE."
greetings, Stephan

Thanks, 4.0.2 seems to work ok. The menus are smooth, it handles 24p videos and the playback seems to be ok. I tried the jelly fish videos of 100 Mbit/s and 40 Mbit/s. There are a few drops when the video starts, but the drops are not increasing. Do note that even 40 Mbit/s is quite an insane bitrate for a video and real life probably rarely comes close.

I took a really crappy video (don't have a proper device for recording videos) where I fool around the menus with Aeon MQ5 and Confluence skins plus look a few videos - just to demonstrate how well the UI works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXIYZjlrFic

Edit: In the video OE is installed on the internal eMMC storage and the content is played back from the eMMC as well. I don't have a RPi to compare this to unfortunately.
Very nice,

Seems like dimensions faster then the Raspberry Pi Smile
how much and where from?
Ok, this is a really stupid question but is there any chance that you could try to install windows 8/xbmc on it?

I'm just curious as to how low specs win 8 can run on.
I've got a Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition Evaluation installed on a USB disk that I run with my i3 NUC sometimes when I temporarily need to check if something works in Windows. The issue is just that I have a 2 gig memory module and I doubt Win8 will like that too much. I can try in the evening though.

MediaPi, I got mine from a local PC hardware store for about 120 euros - at least here it's widely available. Don't know where you're located, but minipc.de have them and so does amazon.com.
Hello

I would like to use Nuc DE3815TYKHE as Media center with XBMC and I would like to know if I could command XBMC interface with my Sony remote controller that I use to command my TV, using CEC. So do you think this NUC is CEC compliant or we have to add a CEC module to allow this ?

Thanks for your help

Ben
(2014-05-23, 12:05)bennyboom Wrote: Hello

I would like to use Nuc DE3815TYKHE as Media center with XBMC and I would like to know if I could command XBMC interface with my Sony remote controller that I use to command my TV, using CEC. So do you think this NUC is CEC compliant or we have to add a CEC module to allow this ?

Thanks for your help

Ben

Basically *NO* x86 system contains CEC support by default, because they are designed primary to be a desktop like PC or thin client. On ARM devices the CEC functionality is often buildin in the SOC because this SOCs are designed for usage in STBs etc...
greetings, Stephan

Thanks for your answer.
But there is nothing stopping you using a pulse eight CEC adapter!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Available in the UK now if anyone is interested. I'm still not 100% sure myself.

http://www.quietpc.com/int-nuc-de3815tykhe
(2014-05-22, 09:59)trsqr Wrote: MediaPi, I got mine from a local PC hardware store for about 120 euros - at least here it's widely available. Don't know where you're located, but minipc.de have them and so does amazon.com.

Thanks trsqr. Im located in Uk and seems nabberuk has posted the first place that you can buy these from

nabberuk the price is £121.79 (inc. VAT and shipping) they having a laugh right? thats $170.82 (exclusing VAT) dont much care for 5W TDP. rather build my own mini ITX build for that kind of money thats light years ahead of this in terms of specs. Needs to be close to price in Euro as trsqr has given ( 120 euros)
I've been doing a little reading on the E3815 and wanted to add my perspective.

Passmark
Intel Atom E3815 @ 1.46GHz: 345
Mobile Pentium 4 2.80GHz: 345
AMD C-60: 445
AMD E1-2100: 596

So, the E3815 gets the same performance as a mobile P4 but at 5W and even more incredible is that 5W also includes the GPU.

I'd like to know how well this runs Windows 7 and 8. I still have my doubts. But, Passmark should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The NUC blog: Part 2: Bay Trail Atom NUC as HTPC (DE3815TYKHE)
The NUC blog: Part 2 Wrote:Conclusion
Considering that the DE3815TYKHE is sold for more or less the same price as the other Bay Trail NUC DN2820FYKH, I'd say unless you really desperately want a fanless system, go for the DN2820FYKH. Better yet, go for an i3 model and you don't need to ever worry about upscaling or deinterlacing. Don't get me wrong, this NUC is a fine small PC, but you should be aware of its limitations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fanless NUC: DE3815TYKHE1