Library syncing and fanart problems
For a long time I've had an OpenElec PC in my living room and my bedroom. I was under the impression that copying over the advancedsettings was enough but the 2nd PC wouldn't see anything until I added sources and scraped all over again. This is using OpenElec beta 6 which is XBMC beta 4. I installed XBMC beta 4 on my Windows PC last night and copied over my advancedsettings and no media shows up. Why is that? Do I have to copy the sources file to each computer as well?

Here is my advancedsetting, pretty standard: http://pastebin.com/frWbBfb9

My sources file looks really weird though: http://pastebin.com/Ns7vyHKe

It doesn't just list my TV, Movies, and 3D movies sources. The correct sources seem to start at line 13 and end at line 16. I don't even have music or picture sources as I only use XBMC for videos.

Does my sources.xml look seriously messed up? Should I delete sources.xml on all my machines, delete the database, and create a new one by adding each source 1 at a time?

I have problems with fanart not showing up in the main menu of skins too which leads me to believe my database or something is screwed up.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I have used the built in Export and Import feature which, for the most part, has been successful in adding my library and sources to a new build. Not sure if that is what you are trying to achieve.
Perhaps. Do you export to a single file to a directory you have access to and then copy the file to the other machines? I just want XBMC to work the way it always used to. It would add the sources to the database and sync with other computers (which it does for watched status). However, something is going wrong with fanart. I can't seem to display collection fanart in MQ5 or other non-repo skins I use. I'm wondering if I should wipe the whole database and sources from the main HTPC and wipe out the SQL database and start fresh by adding 1 source at a time. My belief has been that on other systems I only had to copy the advancedsettings and it would access the media and art in the SQL database. However, it never works that way and I have to add sources and scrape on every system even though I am using SQL where I am supposedly only supposed to have to scrape once.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Yeah man I'm seeing the same thing I think. It used to work just fine. As you described but now all of the sudden it doesn't. I'm at a loss. I have tried completely erasing my database etc and the artwork show up only on the device that scraped it. The database is complete, meaning I can see all of the media and play it but if that specific device didn't scrape it it doesn't show the cover art like it used to on my previous NAS/mysql combo.
I'm glad it's not only me. I have my 2 machines synced and watched status and resume works and everything. It's just the fact that I had to add sources and scrape on both. I've been eve thinking about ditching SQL and trying uPNP. The guys over at OpenElec said that uPNP gives you watched status across the network. It's weird, even if I use Aeon MQ5 which is in the official repo, and I select "use collection fanart" for TV Shows, I just get a black screen. I have the extra pack too and did the download of artwork everything. I guess I just need to get that debug log up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library syncing and fanart problems0