Req Native MP4 Metadata Scraping
My biggest problem with scrapers is that they are often wrong. It listed my 30 Rock episodes as "30 Rock: an XXX parody" - now that would have been interesting. It also only picked up two of my TV shows and listed them under "TV Shows" in the main menu, when I have an enormous collection of TV shows sorted according to show and season.
I'm too OCD about metadata so I do all the tagging myself. It's actually very little work when processing them in a batch.
(2015-12-14, 01:54)Ned Scott Wrote: I dream of a day were scrapers in Kodi are seen as "extras" for those few untagged files.

This exactly.

(2015-12-14, 01:54)Ned Scott Wrote: It's too bad this hasn't caught on like it did for music. Not just in Kodi, but for all media players, as only a few seem to support embedded video metadata.

I believe tagging video files wasn't even possible from the start whereas for music this was implemented pretty quickly.

And for kodi, if you add video file extensions in advancedsettings to the music section and let kodi scan these files (to the music library) embedded tags in video files are picked up by kodi perfectly. This kind of adds to the frustration with music videos right now, because it has this "almost possible" feel to it.
Bumping this thread.

Does anyone know what the status is of the feature request? I still maintain that this would be a killer feature.
I'm trying to set up something (totally unofficial) on Bountysource ( http://bountysource.com ), but it needs a tracker for feature requests. Kodi has GitHub issues and Trac bug tracking, but neither are used for feature requests. I suppose we could just set up an empty GitHub project simply for keeping track of this? I'll e-mail bountysource.com and ask them.
FFMPEG does feature tracking (sort of) by setting the "type" to "enhancement" instead of "bugs". Maybe something similar could be done here.

I also think some here may be averse to the Bounty approach. I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as there was an endorsement by the foundation (lest people think that the dev team is getting bought out).

I would add to the bounty for this (again, if it's okay with devs) since this feature is absolutely critical to the design of my media system.
The great thing about Bountysource is that we can use it even if Team Kodi doesn't want to. I've wanted this metadata feature for as long as I've used Kodi/XBMC. We've even had people start on it. If we need to buy them beers and women to make the final connection, by all means, they shall have beers and women.
The only issue now is how to put this on Bountysource.

What puzzles me is that apparently the tags can already be read in the moov atom (because AAC audio). All that needs to be done is allowing files to be added to the video Library as opposed to manually navigating through the "files" tab, which to me seems like it's reserved for media management and not browsing. Surely this does not actually require a completely new library of code to implement, but simply reworking how the video library is built?
Nice idea, the team discussed bounties a few times. I don't think anyone is against it at all since its a 3rd party site.

I've asked to be a team admin on the site just to see what goes on there.

Main issue is probably that it needs a github issue to submit them.
AFAIK bountysource also works with Trac tickets. The easiest would be to just submit a bug report on Trac and modify the type. There are a few tickets with the type set to Feature Request such as #14102, but no option to set the type when submitting. Making an empty git project sounds like a lot of unnecessary work.
(2016-04-21, 13:18)DeShizz Wrote: AFAIK bountysource also works with Trac tickets. The easiest would be to just submit a bug report on Trac and modify the type. There are a few tickets with the type set to Feature Request such as #14102, but no option to set the type when submitting. Making an empty git project sounds like a lot of unnecessary work.

As far as keeping track of things, sure, but Team Kodi doesn't use Trac for feature requests. FR tickets just get closed.
Any updates with the Bounty?

I think it would be really cool if this could be done before Krypton release.
MrMC fork will be looking into this, high on the user ask list.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Dark Helmet puts great trust in everyone who uses the third person.Tongue
Does anyone know what the status of this feature is?
All I want for Christmas is MP4/MKV metadata scraping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native MP4 Metadata Scraping1