Req Native MP4 Metadata Scraping
As a ex WMC user I also supporting for this request! I would like to have epg or metadata within my recorded ts files.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
i'm focusing on mkv right now but have at it - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13106

tv stuff i won't do. nothing i care about.
added basic mp4 tags for movies. the itunes tags are rather limited in scope..
basic support has been merged, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13106/...e66a98ef29

the mp4 and mkv tag standards for video tags is very sparse.

https://matroska.org/technical/specs/tag...video.html

Quote:mp4tags --help
usage mp4tags OPTION... FILE...
Adds or modifies iTunes-compatible tags on MP4 files.

-help            Display this help text and exit
      -version         Display version information and exit
  -A, -album       STR  Set the album title
  -a, -artist      STR  Set the artist information
  -b, -tempo       NUM  Set the tempo (beats per minute)
  -c, -comment     STR  Set a general comment
  -C, -copyright   STR  Set the copyright information
  -d, -disk        NUM  Set the disk number
  -D, -disks       NUM  Set the number of disks
  -e, -encodedby   STR  Set the name of the person or company who encoded the file
  -E, -tool        STR  Set the software used for encoding
  -g, -genre       STR  Set the genre name
  -G, -grouping    STR  Set the grouping name
  -H, -hdvideo     NUM  Set the HD flag (1\0)
  -i, -type        STR  Set the Media Type(tvshow, movie, music, ...)
  -I, -contentid   NUM  Set the content ID
  -j, -genreid     NUM  Set the genre ID
  -l, -longdesc    STR  Set the long description
  -L, -lyrics      NUM  Set the lyrics
  -m, -description STR  Set the short description
  -M, -episode     NUM  Set the episode number
  -n, -season      NUM  Set the season number
  -N, -network     STR  Set the TV network
  -o, -episodeid   STR  Set the TV episode ID
  -O, -category    STR  Set the category
  -p, -playlistid  NUM  Set the playlist ID
  -P, -picture     PTH  Set the picture as a .png
  -B, -podcast     NUM  Set the podcast flag.
  -R, -albumartist STR  Set the album artist
  -s, -song        STR  Set the song title
  -S  -show        STR  Set the TV show
  -t, -track       NUM  Set the track number
  -T, -tracks      NUM  Set the number of tracks
  -x, -xid         STR  Set the globally-unique xid (vendorConfusedcheme:id)
  -X, -rating      STR  Set the Rating(none, clean, explicit)
  -w, -writer      STR  Set the composer information
  -y, -year        NUM  Set the release date
  -z, -artistid    NUM  Set the artist ID
  -Z, -composerid  NUM  Set the composer ID
  -r, -remove      STR  Remove tags by code (e.g. "-r cs"
                        removes the comment and song tags)

if you want more, somebody needs to spec em. for this reason, i added the embedding of kodi metadata in mkv's.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I can't express how grateful I am. This is exactly the kind of functionality I was looking for for a long time. I also don't think it's a bad idea to have it as a option that defaults to off since many people would probably still want to use .nfo's for the time being.

I've noticed some weird happenings with posters/artwork for video files, but I'm going to give it some time and do more testing before I open another thread.

Again, thank you so much!
An option was added in settings which is default off cause the current state of tagging in video files is terrible.
We'll have to come up with a proper standard and documentation and a good help page to get this cleaned up.
There's currently no proper video tagging software that's user-friendly.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-01-03, 12:07)Martijn Wrote: There's currently no proper video tagging software that's user-friendly.

I personally use MetaX to tag my MP4 files, and I find it quite user friendly. I do however agree, I couldn't find a free alternative at the time and I'm not entirely sure that it's standardized, although Windows Explorer reads the metadata fine. I was always under the impression that there was a standard but apparently not?

I don't know how things go on the MKV side though, although from what I remember you could embed metadata with tools like MakeMKV and the like.

I'd be happy to help author a help/wiki page if that helps, based on my experiences through tagging MP4's.
mp4 tags are standardized, but only for a rather small subset of the the information kodi can use, see above..
One last thing to check: Can the tagloader pass through posters/artwork embedded in the file in MP4's? I see there is a -picture tag but I imagine it would be the most difficult part to implement.
Hum i think i might have forgotten thumbs for mp4. it works fine for mkv and wont be a problem to add
fix in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13304 should land soon.
that was unnaturally fast.
all hail ffmpeg Wink
I've noticed Mp3tag recently added mkv tagging and already supported mp4 tags, I've only ever used it for music files where I find it to be simple and user friendly.
Tested the new PR in the latest nightly - works unbelievably well. Read all the poster art from all my tagged MP4's. Spiff, you're brilliant.

Now all we need is to get this going on the TV show side, although I imagine this adds a lot more complexity since there's a bunch of TV show specific info like -network -season and -episode. (I also saw you didn't want to do it in the first PR, hopefully someone else can take up the reins).

(2018-01-04, 18:24)jjd-uk Wrote: I've noticed Mp3tag recently added mkv tagging and already supported mp4 tags, I've only ever used it for music files where I find it to be simple and user friendly.

Can confirm, tags MP4's perfectly. It can tag pretty much anything now, they should rename it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Native MP4 Metadata Scraping1