Linux the-hydra-xbmc-Linux-M3-frodo-12-3-20140423
Will this work on the G-box Midnight?
As I understand it is an M3 and some pivos versions of android XBMC were recommended for it (can't try right now as I'm at the office)

PS: I have j1nx linux beta2 installed in it right now, but development for it is already dead and it is quite old now (Frodo 12.0)
will this work for atv 520 box?
Ok, answering myself: yes, it can be installed in the G-box Midnight (v2.1), but the remote config is different, so you can't use right off the bat, you'd need to copy the remote config file from j1nx linux b2 for it to work

I haven't been able to test the functionality because of the remote issue and I didn't have a keyboard nearby to test it out; I will make more testing today in the afternoon and update

PS: Installation over j1nx linux stopped with an Error 7 because it wasn't able to write /tmp/logo.img, so /tmp/boot.img was not writen either, but the box boots (it gives me the j1nx logo); maybe I'll try to get back to android and try to install the-hydra directly to see if that does the trick
The Hydra actually has a 13.2 build out now, and I "almost" successfully installed it on a g-box Slav 2.2.

I say "almost" because everything worked beautifully with the software itself, and it seemed to run better than any Frodo build on the same box. The one problem is the remote configuration, and my attempts to copy & paste from my previous Frodo installation proved sadly unsuccessful.

So, when your remote doesn't work, and the USB keyboard's cord isn't long enough to reach the couch, that kinda kills the whole idea. Reluctantly, I'm back to Frodo until I find a solution to this remote config problem Sad
Thanks for the great work Hydra... do you by chance have a HW-check free image of your latest Gotham 13.2 build?

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4747

That one specifically, or better yet, steps to remove the checks myself prior to flashing it?

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
the-hydra-xbmc-Linux-M3-frodo-12-3-201404230