Airplay From iPad to ATV3
Been doing a lot of research on these forums lately.

I recently setup my iPad mini to airplay through my Apple TV 3. To get the full screen, I downloaded the latest nightly build of Gotham. Works well, and I have a full screen when I choose Video #2.

However, when I go full screen using video #2, my iPad brings up a touch and swipe interface that is not a mirror of what is displayed on the TV. I understand this is probably a work around to get XBMC to Airplay full screen to an Apple TV from and iPad. However, I've noticed that I can't utilize the XBMC keyboard for searches.

Is there another option to get a full screen on the Apple TV from iPad? The interface is lacking keyboard functionality, the ability to manipulate video that is in play, I have to back out. I understand Gotham is beta, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks.
This is a known bug we will not be able to fix for gotham. The tvout thing is ment to be used as an appletv replacement (hdmi) - it works by accident over airplay. In any case the remote interface you see on the ipad is limited in its features and the problem with the keyboard is a bug which i don't know how to fix atm. The whole tvout stuff should be used with a remote app for beeing able to making full use of xbmc. Without an remote app you will lack keyboard support.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz. I figured as much but just wanted to confirm.

It sounds like you are making a recommendation to do something differently in there, but I wasn't quite sure what it was. Can you clarify?
Use an iphone or android smartphone and put the offical xbmc remote app on it to control your xbmc instance.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
or bluetooth keyboard/remote :D
(2014-04-23, 21:38)Ned Scott Wrote: or bluetooth keyboard/remote Big Grin

Curious, do you have any / know of any bluetooth remotes that work with the ipad (/ios xbmc)?
(2014-04-23, 22:02)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 21:38)Ned Scott Wrote: or bluetooth keyboard/remote Big Grin

Curious, do you have any / know of any bluetooth remotes that work with the ipad (/ios xbmc)?

The only bluetooth input device other than a keyboard that I have tried is the iMpulse Controller, and it almost works, but I've had a few issues getting it to completely work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay From iPad to ATV30