Android pyhton script fails on Android xbmc (No module named simplejson)
Hello,

I am trying to use an addon, but I get an error message. This addon works fine on Windows xbmc but fails on Android xbmc.

I think I've found the cause in line 478 of the debug log:
Code:
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(0, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.israelive/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.israelive" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
00:39:00 T:2077117088   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named simplejson
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.israelive/default.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                import myFilmon,commonlive,chardet#, myTeledunet
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.israelive/resources/lib/myFilmon.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                import simplejson as _json
                                            ImportError: No module named simplejson
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:39:00 T:2077117088    INFO: Python script stopped

This is the full debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=182636

I would appreciate any help!
Seems to be a bug with the "plugin.video.israelive" which, according to https://github.com/cubicle-vdo/xbmc-isra.../addon.xml , does not declare "script.module.simplejson" as a dependency.

Please contact the addon author.
Thank you very much for you help!
I will do that.

But how is it that the same plugin works fine on Windows version of XBMC?
The "script.module.simplejson" module might have been installed as a dependency of another addon, it's a common one.
Just intalling the "Youtube" addon would install it, and resolve your immediate problem.
Thank you Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pyhton script fails on Android xbmc (No module named simplejson)0