Video files in folder not changing
Hi,

Bit of a noobie question here:

I have a computer in one room which records TV via Windows media Centre.

I then watch the files using XBMC in abother room, I've shared the Recorded TV folder on the computer which records and directly access it from XBMC, I've saved the folder as a favorite.

I don't use library mode, XBMC doesn't scrape the recorded TV folder.

The problem I have is that when files are deleted in the Recorded TV on the remote computer, XBMC doesn't seem to notice the changes - I just get an error when I try to play them.

Does not XBMC check the folder every time I access it?

Thanks.
I do not delete that many files but I think XBMC is not instantly aware of deletions.

As far as I remember you have yo go under settings and possibly library or files and select the option to clean the database. This will get rid of the deleted files. Updating the library only modifies the database for new files.

Hope that this helps.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not referring to files when library mode is enabled? I've not enabled library mode... which I thought would make XBMC open files from folders..?
Might have something to do with the caching system, network etc... a clean-up will help. I suggest looking into the skin Transparency! Settings>Skin Settings>Menu>Video>Sub Menu Folder 1 then link this with the full path to the target folder, and call it holding area, this links off the video button (slide out menu) you'll only be looking at the raw file list as accumulated but should give you what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video files in folder not changing0