Kodi Android. TV subtitles saved in Temp, Movie subtitles saved next to movie
Hey guys,

I am having a bizarre issue and can't seem to resolve it. I want downloaded subtitles to save next to video file. It works great for movies but not for TV episodes. Kodi database is stored on NAS but there are no permission issues as Movies and TV episodes are all located under the same VIDEO folder with the same inherited permissions. Everyone can (RD/WR) (Besides, if I manually select a custom folder on the NAS, Kodi will save TV episode subtitles there).

Can anyone suggest a way to troubleshoot this? I have no issues with Kodi running from PC, only on Android and for TV episodes.

Kodi.log
https://paste.kodi.tv/mokeroyuju.kodi

Thanks in advance for any help!

Seb
Subtitles being stored in the temp folder suggests that there is a file writing/rights problem in the orginal video source.
I also don't see any attempts to store .srt files in the Kodi debug log file.
(2021-01-05, 20:06)Klojum Wrote: Subtitles being stored in the temp folder suggests that there is a file writing/rights problem in the orginal video source.
I also don't see any attempts to store .srt files in the Kodi debug log file.
I corroborated that it's not a permission issue.

For example:
I just temporarily changed the path to store subtitles for TV show "Condor" to nfs://.../Condor/Season 01/ folder where Episodes.mkv are stored. I then downloaded the subtitles for 3 or 4 episodes with OPENSUBTITLES addon and the subtitles were saved in nfs://.../Condor/Season 01/ folder next to Episodes.mkv as Subtitles.en.srt .

When I changed the subtitle path to KEEP NEXT TO VIDEO, I tried to download a few other subtitles and they were stored as follows:  

VIDEODB://TVSHOWS/TITLES/415/1/40024?SEASON1&TVSHOWID=415

Aside from guisettings.xml, could there be any other file affecting the behaviour the subtitles for TV shows? Is there anything that I can include in advancedsettings.xml (i.e. path substitutions) that may help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android. TV subtitles saved in Temp, Movie subtitles saved next to movie0