EPG
What is the way to go for a good live TV EPG ? Do having WMC, EyeTV, etc (software with guide) helps?
It depends if the EPG is included in the stream itself, if not you'll have to use some online resource to get it.
Streams itselft?

Does it means WMC and XBMC exchange EPG info?
Your pvr backend gathers epg. Xbmc picks it from there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok then. So which PVR backend best overall for having a complete EPG ?
That is probably quite dependent on where you live and what TV services you access. eg in North America mythtv has very good epg from schedules direct. Elsewhere it depends on either EIT or xmltv, the quality of both is variable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does WMC provides free and good quality EPG infos ?
I think that is country dependent.
Are you in North America freddyboy?

If yes, then schedulesdirect and WMC will give you good data

WMC is good quality, but it's technically only free if you *already* had a windows box on your network (that you don't mind making into your TV server with serverwmc)

Microsoft licensed guide data from zap2it for WMC, which is what nearly everyone using Myth used for free tv listings before zap2it terminated the *free* part. That was the genesis of schedulesdirect
(2014-04-25, 06:15)Dark_Slayer Wrote: If yes, then schedulesdirect and WMC will give you good data

Is schedulesdirect an addond to WMC or included in WMC?
I don't think SD works with WMC at all http://www.schedulesdirect.org/approvedsoftware

I think what he is saying is that "if you are in North America both SD and WMC have good EPG"

As you can see SD does have a big list of software that will use it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG0