connection issue
Hi, my issue is that XBMC does not seem to connect to update database, weather app not updating. I can download add-ons, I just re-installed XBMC due to other non related issues, but this issue is new. My internet connection is fine

Any ideas?
Thanks
Hi Silversurfer_72

Welcome to the forum :-)

Can you tell a little more about which version of XBMC you have and on wich platform ?

Thank you Smile
Also, please post a debug Log_file (wiki) .
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Thanks guys, I'm using Frodo 12.3 with Aeon Nox on Windows XP Pro SP3, only just started using it a month ago, so very new to this

The log URL is http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?Id=185291

Don't understand because it worked fine before I uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC (I reinstalled it because I could see the blue windows task bar at the bottom even during movie playback)
When I press update submenu under movies to get the movie info from the movie database, I see a pop up for a split second
on the top right saying 'compressing database' then nothing happens. Before it would connect and download movie info.
I was able to download the log file uploaded, so I know I'm connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
I would guess that the original issue you had, was caused by improper fullscreen settings.

I'm getting 404 on your log though...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Lol, Thanks, but what does that mean? and how can I fix it?

Oh the link isn't working, sorry, that was what I got on the screen, ill try again
Ok I just generated another log file and I'm not receiving the email. The link I get through xbmc does not seem to be working either...
Is this a related issue?
Is there something I need to change on my modem you think to allow this program to connect?
Alas, here is the log!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=185325
Well I figured out I had my database all wrong, the scraper is working now. Sorry about that.
I'm still having issues with the weather app, not just in Aeon skin but also in the confluence.
Tried reinstalling xbmc and skins, tried using a different weather source
I can add my city info but that's about it

Any suggestions?
Post a new debug log where you try to access the weather, maybe someone can help you. Keep in mind that Windows XP is not supported anymore and the soon to be released version of XBMC won't install at all (or at least not work correctly) so you might want to consider upgrading or switching to Linux.
Given that your hardware is quite aging - of XBMC is the primary use of this system, OpenELEC might be one of the better choices. If you're not very profficient with linux, its probably one of the options that doesn't require too much "new skills".

As negge points out here - replacing your OS might be well over-due. If you want to continue using XBMC with new and updated features, I suggest you do it sooner rather than later - as its not only "support" for XP that is being phased out - newer versions simply aren't designed to work on XP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
connection issue0