Intel Celeron 847 too slow?
Shocked 
Hi, I recently bought a perfectlyHM70-I. That's a mini-itx board featuring The Celeron 847. I gave it 2GB ram, a TBS tuner, an SSD for the OS and a 1TB HDD for the Data (the build is a low budget one for my cousin). I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and I am running Xbmc as the user session (no unity rendering in the background) however I still get hdmi stutters (not artificial but stutters) the video keeps slowing up and leaving out frames, watching this is giving me a headache. HDMI Audio is fine. I want to use Ubuntu for several reasons over openelec (for example hosting owncloud / a website and Pyload. Is there something I can do? Maybe there is a driver for the on board Gpu? Or some settings in xbmc to be made?

SD content and 720p and some 1080p files work fine. A DVB-S2 Subscription works perfectly well. The stutters tend to appear / are even heavier when there is much movement in the video (thus making it more to calculate I know). Most of my files are .mkv

Thank you very much anyone ;]
Two questions :

1. Are you matching your display frame rate to your source frame rate?
2. What de-interlacing are you using (and what version of XBMC)?

Have you tried OpenElec? Booting a Live USB stick build might be worth a go?

AIUI the 847 isn't powerful enough to do YADIF 2x de-interlacing of 1080i content, but you can do a BOB, using VAAPI hardware acceleration for the decoding of the video.
I am currently at work so I will extend this Post in the evening once I get home.

1. I have a 60Hz Monitor (which I test this build on) and XBMC is set to 60Hz as well.

2. I turned deinterlacing off with a result in a bit better playback. It's running on latest Frodo Stable

Yeah I downloaded openelec today and I was going to try that to be sure. I will report about its performance later today aswell

About VAAPI - wasn't the [Settings>System>Video-Hardware] Tab used to have more settings? Like hardware acceleration and so on? (Not on Gotham so it's not about the experience level used)
I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thank you
Y05H10

EDIT: I tried the latest stable Intel TBS build of Openelec and it runs like a charm. I never thought it would be that much superior :O
But there is one major think that Bugs me a lot, owncloud / webdav and a few other services. Is there a possibility to make a webdav share or even better install an Apache Webserver, Pyload and owncloud onto it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Celeron 847 too slow?0