Change OpenElec splash screen?
Is there any easy way to change the OpenElec splash screen? I just updated to the Gotham beta and favour the old simple splash screen ()or even a custom one I can make myself) over the new one...is this possible, anyone?
OpenELEC splash (the one you see before XBMC loads) or XBMC splash?

For the OpenELEC splash, you can write a file called oemsplash.png to /flash.

There's no way to change the XBMC splash artwork without custom building the entire OpenELEC image.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-24, 22:27)MilhouseVH Wrote: OpenELEC splash (the one you see before XBMC loads) or XBMC splash?

For the OpenELEC splash, you can write a file called oemsplash.png to /flash.

There's no way to change the XBMC splash artwork without custom building the entire OpenELEC image.

Yeah I meant the OElec splash! So it is possible? Is there a set dimension of png to make or will it just display any image/logo in the centre of the screen? Just an OE logo would be great!
Seems it may be a physical file size limitation and not a dimension limitation - I think you'll have to have a play.

See this thread for more: http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...to-rebuild

Google image search seems to be a good place to start for inspiration (I was considering doing the same... I'm no real fan of the new splash, although it's gone fast enough so didn't really warrant that much tinkering).
(2014-04-25, 10:12)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Seems it may be a physical file size limitation and not a dimension limitation - I think you'll have to have a play.

See this thread for more: http://openelec.tv/forum/12-guides-tips-...to-rebuild

Google image search seems to be a good place to start for inspiration (I was considering doing the same... I'm no real fan of the new splash, although it's gone fast enough so didn't really warrant that much tinkering).

Ahh cool, there is an OE thread for this...I guess I'll head over there, thanks dudes!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change OpenElec splash screen?0