Is it possible to program a specific remote key to wake from suspend?
This is particularly for an Openelec install. I can suspend and wake using my remote just fine, but the problem is I want to program specific keys to conduct both functions. Right now, if I hit any key on the remote, it wakes up the OpenELEC machine.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Depends on the remote. I know with genuine MCE remote + receiver only the power button will wake from suspend.

What remote and IR receiver do you have?
I am trying to avoid an MCE remote. I have a qwerty remote with a FLIRC, and I would like to keep that set up.
In this case it depends on how your OS or BIOS reacts to keyboard commands, as Flirc represents itself as a keyboard. There is a function in the Flirc software that sets a "sleep detection" and you can define a wakeup key, this key is then however only that and can not carry another function if I understood correctly.
thanks for the tip juramusger. I will try it tonight.
Juramusger,
That worked beautifully. Thanks so much dude. I was able to program one of the keys on the remote to wake it from suspend. I am trying to figure out a quick one button push way to actually suspend the machine now while it is awake. I realize I cannot program the same button to do this function as the wake from suspend button as long as I am using flirc.

But I am still trying to figure out the keyboard combination or shortcut to suspend an OE machine. Anybody know if thats possible?
you could set a key for the shutdown menu in the keymap.xml (it's s by default) and choose suspend from there. that's 2 clicks however. Maybe someone else knows a more direct approach.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to program a specific remote key to wake from suspend?0