Release Advanced Settings Editor
As the title says this is the release of an addon to edit your advancedsettings.xml from within xbmc. On android and openelec type systems I was getting sick of moving this file around to edit just a few different things.

Source: https://github.com/robweber/script.advan...ngs.editor

Gotham Download (preferred): https://github.com/robweber/script.advanced.settings.editor/archive/master.zip

How does it work? - copied this straight from the README

Navigation:

You navigate through the document as though it was a folder structure. Given the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel>1</loglevel>
   <videolibrary>
      <backgroundupdate>false</backgroundupdate>
   </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

You would see the following when starting the program:

Code:
loglevel
videolibrary

These are the top level elements of the file. Clicking an element with no children will show you it's current value. Clicking on element with children will bring you into that element. For example, clicking on the "videolibrary" element will show you:

Code:
backgroundupdate

And that element is clickable to show you it's value. In this way you navigate the tree.

Context Menu:

The context menu has several different features.
  • Add Element - Adds a child element within the current view
  • Add Child Element - Adds a child element within the selected element. Please note, if you have selected an element with a value, this value is erased when you add children
  • Change value - only available on elements with no children. Allows you to change the value in the current element
  • Delete - deletes the selected element, recursive for elements with children
  • Rename - rename the selected element
Due to a very stupid error on my part some advanced settings files were not being parsed correctly due to their formatting. This has been fixed and a new version pushed to github. Please re-download if you are having issues.
It this now fully tested and working with Gotham 13.2? I want to make some adjustments to the cache and setup my Fire TV to store thumbnails on a usb thumb drive.

Thanks
I've been using it on my systems. You'll have to download manually from github as this has been rejected from the main xbmc repo.
Why was it rejected?

I was working on my own Advanced Settings addon that utilised the addons own settings. I thought it would have been fine for the official repo.
The response I received was that advanced settings should be "advanced" and not accessible from the main program. The only way to edit them should be by editing the xml file directly. I guess the idea is that less knowledgeable users can't mess things up that way. Can't say I agree but that's the verdict.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Settings Editor0