Low Power Fanless HTPC Build with AES-NI Support
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my existing HTPC. I'm currently using a GA-Z77MX-D3H board in a Standard Micro-ITX case. Unfortunatly the systems Atom D525 does not (really) support power management, therefore the system draws a lot of power (~35W) even when idle, also I'm having thermal issues and the system occasionally freezes due to overheating (even though I'm using a somewhat noisy fan in it! - however the case is really crammed)

As I'm using the system as a video recorder, a file server and some small services I have it running 24/7.

I looked into options into replacing or upgrading the system. Can anyone recommend a case (available in Europe) for the board which would allow fanless 24/7 operation (at full load)?

I found (a single) prebuilt Barebone PC which somewhat meets my requirements: The Shuttle DS437 http://global.shuttle.com/products/produ...uctId=1745
Can you recommend this Barebone? It features an Intel Celeron 1037U which should be a lot faster than my old atom and should also consume less power (possible also due to the built in GPU). I'll want to watch fullhd content with this, would this case any problems?

The problem with the shuttle system is (aside from the two com ports at the front) that the Celeron does not support AES-NI, the fileserver services are serving truecrypt encrypted data, this works ok-ish on the Atom, delivering about 30MB/s, however it casues a lot of CPU load due to decryption going on. If there was a system (ideally below 300€) that supported AES-NI that would be perfect!
An added bonus would also be to support HDMI CEC without an USB adapter, however from what I read my options would mostly be limited to the Intel NUC (which is not fanless (?)) with the internal CEC Adapter from Pulse8.
Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Power Fanless HTPC Build with AES-NI Support0