• 28(current)
[MOD stopped] reFOCUS Glass 1.4.0 ( Gotham 13.x )
Thank you for your message.
I do not understand what you find as a problem. I made this new glass as I wanted it to look. What do you mean by chaotic? where is the problem? can you tell me more?
Hey Reynald, I just wanted to try your Glass 1.4.0 but even though the addon.xml says 1.4.0, after installing it it's still the old skin showing and the version in the addon manager is still 1.3.3.

What am I doing wrong? The files inside the zip all have the timestamp 27.07.2014.

I redownloaded it 4 times and checked every archive, the checksum is always the same, as is the size and the content.

Oh btw I don't want to upset you but I got that old error again trying to install the zip via network ("invalid structure ..."). Copying it to my htpc and installing it from the home folder worked without the error.
Hi Reynald,

(2014-07-29, 16:44)Reynald Wrote: What do you mean by chaotic? where is the problem? can you tell me more?

sorry, I won't confuse you. Blush

On the screnshot you can see vertical menu with diffent styles and colors - in "reFocus Original" mode. And it don't look like the reFocus compact original menu. Or have I overseen a new option for that? Huh

On the glass horinzontal menu it looks great but at vertical (and original) menu ...? Confused

Greetings,
newsiltsilver
(2014-07-29, 17:50)barenaked Wrote: Hey Reynald, I just wanted to try your Glass 1.4.0 but even though the addon.xml says 1.4.0, after installing it it's still the old skin showing and the version in the addon manager is still 1.3.3.

What am I doing wrong? The files inside the zip all have the timestamp 27.07.2014.

I redownloaded it 4 times and checked every archive, the checksum is always the same, as is the size and the content.

Oh btw I don't want to upset you but I got that old error again trying to install the zip via network ("invalid structure ..."). Copying it to my htpc and installing it from the home folder worked without the error.

I have doing first deposit where there was this error, then I pushed again and it worked for me. (Check if your "packages folder" is empty). I verified now it works well for me. I pushed a new deposit tomorrow if you still have the problem. But I confess I do not understand how to solve this problem

(2014-07-29, 18:29)newsilentsilver Wrote: Hi Reynald,

(2014-07-29, 16:44)Reynald Wrote: What do you mean by chaotic? where is the problem? can you tell me more?

sorry, I won't confuse you. Blush

On the screnshot you can see vertical menu with diffent styles and colors - in "reFocus Original" mode. And it don't look like the reFocus compact original menu. Or have I overseen a new option for that? Huh

On the glass horinzontal menu it looks great but at vertical (and original) menu ...? Confused

Greetings,
newsiltsilver

I think we are not talking about the same thing. If you've seen a option'' original refocus "it's probably the original refocus option overlays". this is the option for the widget, the background color (gray for original, blue to refocus glass) I see no problem for my vertical menu. Maybe you regret not seeing the old vertical menu Refocus? I had added. I can not because it is difficult for me to do now 4'' menu vertical glass, original refocus vertical, vertical short refocus original and horizontal ) work. But I'll see to give you a specific file to restore the original menu as the old glass.
Oh ... now I saw that the options "Background Menu Refocus Glass" and "Background Menu Refocus Original" are gone ... Sorry, that I have overseen it. Sad

Quote:I see no problem for my vertical menu.

Call me monkish, but:

1. In horizontal menu the combination of dark and bright blue tones match, but in vertical (compact) menu they don't match zero in my eyes.
2. Why are you using the same highlightning for menu and submenu entries here? Now it looks as if a sub menu item is a normal menu item. I know it's in the original reFocus menu, too, but there it's only a color change and not a font size and decoration change at the same time.

Quote:But I'll see to give you a specific file to restore the original menu as the old glass.

Something like this will be great. Smile Or what about to give only the original compact menu the original reFocus overlays?
(2014-07-30, 00:42)newsilentsilver Wrote: Oh ... now I saw that the options "Background Menu Refocus Glass" and "Background Menu Refocus Original" are gone ... Sorry, that I have overseen it. Sad

Quote:I see no problem for my vertical menu.

Call me monkish, but:

1. In horizontal menu the combination of dark and bright blue tones match, but in vertical (compact) menu they don't match zero in my eyes.
2. Why are you using the same highlightning for menu and submenu entries here? Now it looks as if a sub menu item is a normal menu item. I know it's in the original reFocus menu, too, but there it's only a color change and not a font size and decoration change at the same time.

1 / I see problem now I looked for more again, and I perceive the problem. A different color band between categories? I'll change that! thank you

2/I will not change my final Glass. I spent a lot of time on rendering menus, and have one thing that makes me comfortable use. I'll see for given to a separate menu file.

You need this menu only? I want not change the horizontal menu, but this is an easy operation for you . Here the file to replace the vertical menu.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4vvex7nbe097gd/720p.zip
(2014-07-30, 01:10)Reynald Wrote: 1 / I see problem now I looked for more again, and I perceive the problem. A different color band between categories? I'll change that! thank you

Smile

Quote:2/I will not change my final Glass. I spent a lot of time on rendering menus, and have one thing that makes me comfortable use. I'll see for given to a separate menu file.

Because you spent so much time in bringing reFocus original overlays as option and implenting two menus I thought that it was a bug and not a general design change. Sorry. Shy

(2014-07-30, 01:40)Reynald Wrote: You need this menu only? I want not change the horizontal menu, but this is an easy operation for you . Here the file to replace the vertical menu.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4vvex7nbe097gd/720p.zip

Thousand thanks, it's working fine. Smile Now I can update to Glass 1.4 and explore the changes of your fantastic mod work. Smile
Quote:barenaked Wrote: Hey Reynald, I just wanted to try your Glass 1.4.0 but even though the addon.xml says 1.4.0, after installing it it's still the old skin showing and the version in the addon manager is still 1.3.3.

you can try. I have do a new pushed! hoping this works because I did not change the way to pushed with 1.3.3 !
I could install it via network without any error, still I'm only getting version 1.3.3 when installing the most recent zip from your repo. I uninstalled you skin and installed it again but it's still 1.3.3 and all my old settings are still there.

Is there any other folder I have to delete to completely uninstall refocus glass because somewhere the settings must still be present? The folder /.xbmc/addons/skin.refocus.glass-master is not there anymore after uninstalling the skin so there must be some other folder.

I tried a few times but installing your newest zip still installs 1.3.3 for me (without the horizontal menu or any changes, it's still 1.3.3 and definitly not 1.4.0).

Do you have any idea?
Loving the new update. I moved to refocus because i always preferred a vertical menu. Now its a difficult choice. Great job by both you and Jereon.

I haven't found any bugs myself, but I do have one question. In alot of views where you can enable to show the logo, it tends to show the clearart instead on some (not all) of my media. Is there a way to force the skin to use the standard logo? I am primarily using the Poster/Fanartview set to landscape big. When I change to a different view, it uses the logo, but this view uses clearart for most shows/movies
(2014-07-30, 19:17)handbone Wrote: Loving the new update. I moved to refocus because i always preferred a vertical menu. Now its a difficult choice. Great job by both you and Jereon.

I haven't found any bugs myself, but I do have one question. In alot of views where you can enable to show the logo, it tends to show the clearart instead on some (not all) of my media. Is there a way to force the skin to use the standard logo? I am primarily using the Poster/Fanartview set to landscape big. When I change to a different view, it uses the logo, but this view uses clearart for most shows/movies

Thank you very much for your nice words. Check that the "option display clearart " in parameter artworks parameters is disabled, if you still see the presence of Clearart, can you tell me what views display again that I correct this problem.

(2014-07-30, 14:52)barenaked Wrote: I could install it via network without any error, still I'm only getting version 1.3.3 when installing the most recent zip from your repo. I uninstalled you skin and installed it again but it's still 1.3.3 and all my old settings are still there.

Is there any other folder I have to delete to completely uninstall refocus glass because somewhere the settings must still be present? The folder /.xbmc/addons/skin.refocus.glass-master is not there anymore after uninstalling the skin so there must be some other folder.

I tried a few times but installing your newest zip still installs 1.3.3 for me (without the horizontal menu or any changes, it's still 1.3.3 and definitly not 1.4.0).

Do you have any idea?

no I can not help you, I do not understand the problem. I installed Gotham 13.2 and it work well for me with Glass 1.4.0. If someone can help us with your problem it would be great!
(2014-07-30, 19:24)Reynald Wrote:
(2014-07-30, 19:17)handbone Wrote: Loving the new update. I moved to refocus because i always preferred a vertical menu. Now its a difficult choice. Great job by both you and Jereon.

Thank you very much for your nice words. Check that the "option display clearart " in parameter artworks parameters is disabled, if you still see the presence of Clearart, can you tell me what views display again that I correct this problem.

Man. can't believe I missed that setting. It of course worked. Thanks again
I work since moment to create a Refocus Glass White, but it is difficult to find the right mix of color. Is what you would be interested in a White MOD? I personally do not use the white skin, because my wife does not like. But you ?
I think the most complicated in programming is the choice of design. Colors and positions are difficult choices. Here the onset of labor for Refocus Glass White!

• 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD stopped] reFOCUS Glass 1.4.0 ( Gotham 13.x )7