• 18(current)
[MOD stopped] reFOCUS Glass 1.4.0 ( Gotham 13.x )
I just try it with the zip, because I do not understand why is impossible to install ! and it works fine for me! I have no solution for you! dsl!

Quote:If you have NOT already installed the original reFocus before trying such a manual installation, you'll be missing several add-ons that are required for this skin to work correctly. Most notably, my script.skinshortcuts script which means you won't have any menus.

you're right, I should add in my first post. IT should preferably install Refocus Jeroen (orginal) then unzip the Rar. Or. Zip, and it works correctly. Otherwise you have to manually install all the addons! whatever for some updating I prefer to do this manually!

Quote: Don't worry, I was joking
I know Smile me too Smile
(2014-06-20, 00:14)Reynald Wrote:
Quote: Don't worry, I was joking
I know Smile me too Smile

Good to know humour transcends all language Rofl
Yes of course, but should not go too far! We French have reputation quickly take the fly (= pissed) lol .. But do not forget also to give me compliments. Although I am a beginner and Refocus is not my work .. My mod is my work for several days and I put all my blood, my tears, my live, my wife ... heu noooooooooo ! lol ... lol
And we English have a reputation for having a sense of humour that no-one else can understand (and for being rubbish at football) Smile

And my own compliments for what you've been able to achieve as a skinning beginner. What you may achieve in the future when you become an expert is exciting Smile
Quote:And my own compliments for what you've been able to achieve as a skinning beginner. What you may achieve in the future when you become an expert is exciting
Again Smile

Thank you !! But I found a huge bug in the Refocus!!! ... is , we will to be addicted !!!
Ok so I've downloaded the newest version of refocus glass and tried manually installing it by dropping it unpacked in the add on folder. I already have refocus installed and am currently using it. So I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I really want to use this mod because it look beautiful
(2014-06-20, 04:49)samanoskue Wrote: Ok so I've downloaded the newest version of refocus glass and tried manually installing it by dropping it unpacked in the add on folder. I already have refocus installed and am currently using it. So I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I really want to use this mod because it look beautiful

Assuming your on Windows.

1) Use 7zip or Winrar to open RAR file
2) Navigate to your XBMC APPDATA (C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC)
3)Drag and drop 'skin.refocus.glass' Folder into ADDONS folder
4)Open XBMC -> Settings -> Appearance ->Skin
5) Change to reFOCUS Glass (You will still have the regular reFOCUS skin)

You should have no problems if you follow those instructions
Can anybody explain the "faulty structure" error when trying to "install from zip"? I still get this error with every zip that came after the 17/06 update of glass light.

I really don't understand the problem xbmc seems to have Sad
(2014-06-20, 08:36)barenaked Wrote: Can anybody explain the "faulty structure" error when trying to "install from zip"? I still get this error with every zip that came after the 17/06 update of glass light.

I really don't understand the problem xbmc seems to have Sad

Try using 7zip to make the folder a zip file. I just tried and it seemed to work for me, here is the most recent build in ZIP. You could also just install it manually.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukfjlotr0oo6us....glass.zip
I absolutely do not understand the problem zip / For the last file, I used 7ZIP, ! So! I tried several times do direct installation ZIP! and no worries!
@Reynald: what operating system do you use?

Sometimes the OS creates (hidden) files inside directories that cause problems when they end up in the zip file and you try to load it in XBMC.
I use W7

(file compression with Win RAR and 7ZIP)
Do you have a link to a zip? I have had this problem before too, maybe I can find the issue.
Zip ! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssi9wt0v5sm6i8....light.zip

Wink thx
(2014-06-20, 12:24)Reynald Wrote: Zip ! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssi9wt0v5sm6i8....light.zip

Wink thx

Ok, I installed the .zip without any problem from my local drive. However, when I try to install the zip when it is located on my NAS I do get the "incorrect structure" error...

A quick look through the debug log indicates XBMC thinks it's a broken file (except it isn't):

Code:
13:06:26 T:140735123165968   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (FileBrowser.xml) ------
13:06:26 T:140735123165968   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://smb%3a%2f%2fDISKSTATION%2f.xbmc_resources%2fskin.refocus.glass.light%20(1).zip/
13:06:26 T:140735123165968   DEBUG: CSmbFile::Open - opened .xbmc_resources/skin.refocus.glass.light (1).zip, fd=10000
13:06:26 T:140735123165968   DEBUG: ZipManager: broken file smb://DISKSTATION/.xbmc_resources/skin.refocus.glass.light (1).zip!
13:06:26 T:140735123165968   DEBUG: CSmbFile::Close closing fd 10000
13:06:26 T:140735123165968   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://smb%3a%2f%2fDISKSTATION%2f.xbmc_resources%2fskin.refocus.glass.light%20(1).zip/

So, to the people getting the "incorrect structure": are you trying to install the zip over a network?

You totally should be able to btw, but at least to me it seems to be an XBMC issue.

If we can get some confirmations I'll look into submitting a trac ticket.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD stopped] reFOCUS Glass 1.4.0 ( Gotham 13.x )7