External player (TMTT) very choppy and no sound
I did some research and set up a script to play 3D ISO's (I think they are the best quality in ISO) in TMTT. However, when I do it from XBMC, the playback is like a slideshow and there's no sound. If I quit XBMC and play the same file in TMTT it works perfectly. Is this because XBMC somehow locks audio/video ouput? Would another player besides TMTT work better?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
TMT works fine as an XBMC external player on my HTPC's. I use the external files from here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I used your instructions, you are awesome. My problem is that when playing a 3D ISO TMTT goes at a snail's pace and I can't even watch the video. If I watch the video in TMTT with XBMC not running it is fine. Does your setup have it exit xbmc to play the video then re-run xbmc when TMTT is done?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
It sound as you did not do this- Note: make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output......

I use this "<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>" to hide XBMC when using TMT as an external player.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
No, I had XBMC running in a full screen window and use the hidexbmc arguments you gave. I was testing it with Gravity, and the initial shot of the Earth rotating was going frame by frame slowly with no sound. I exited XBMC and ran TMTT and manually loaded the movie and it played super smooth. I wonder if this is a waste now that XBMC has 3D support. I do think 3D right off the disk looks better than ripped hsbs but I might be able to love with it. I'll double check your setting of full screen window and see what happens.

Maybe the next version of XBMC being able to play 3D ISO's would be a killer feature?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player (TMTT) very choppy and no sound0