Adding Videos from NAS
Hi, I've been pulling my hair out all day trying to sort this, so I'd be really grateful for some help from someone who knows more about this than I do.

I've just set up a Synology DS414 NAS, which has all my videos (MKVs/MP4s) in a videos folder. Ahead of trying to get the files on a Rasberry Pi, I've installed XBMC for Windows, but can't add these videos.

I go to Browse for the Video Source, and then to NFS (i've set the NAS up for NFS). I can then see the IP of the server, and when I go to that, the videos folder off the root drive (which I can't open, but the files are in there and I can access them from the Networks window in Explorer). So for the Video Source I'm left with the IP address (NFS://192.168.0.7). I call it something (Films) and it appears in the Videos - Files list as (volume1/Films), but I can't open the folder itself to see what files are in there, and there are no videos available through XBMC. Hopefully I've overlooked something simple, any help would be massively appreciated.
Have you password restricted your shares?
You also need to create the right privileges. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=NFS#Synology.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Videos from NAS0