Movie Collection background art
What settings are you using to achieve the box set with the discs? I toyed around with it but can't get the discs to populate when the case opens. Another example would be in the first post of the 4.1.9 thread. How do you get all of the superman discs to populate? Thanks!
Hello

Are you running the extrainfo script as posted in the first post of the 4.1.9 thread ?

https://github.com/azraelomega/script.extendedinfo
Installed and running. Does that allow more options? I have artwork downloader, what would this script add? I updated the script and it pulled artwork, but I'm in the same boat with no difference Sad
Hello Famous

When you go into the set to see all the movies in that set do they individually have disc art ?

It is a little difficult to explain without being able to see you settings, so I will just explain how I got from

to

and see if that helps you
That would be great! Mine looks exactly like the top photo. Kinda boring Sad and yes, when I go into a set the movies do have individual disc art when I manually select each individual movie
ok once I have installed the extrainfo script, I quit xbmc and edit the python default file for it.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.extendedinfo-master

I remove these two lines, as it will allow you to set your choice of movieset fanart (for the set instead of a loop of the fanart within that set)

I then go into settings and turn on the script

this will take you from

to

basically it fills in the info panel with information about each movie within the set

I then run the movieset automator, giving me this

Whilst there is an option on the panel on the left, for some unknown reason I find that the artwork downloader runs better if I do it via programs

so I run it

If I may ask, what do you have set under view type settings?
when it is all done I have this

(2014-05-03, 00:44)Famous600 Wrote: If I may ask, what do you have set under view type settings?

These are my settings

One last question. I got it for the most part. However when I get to the set, the cover art turns brown and opens up to a blank case with the exception of the discs and the information on the ride side of the set. Anyway to keep the cover art to open rather then a brown box looking thing?
(2014-05-03, 00:57)Famous600 Wrote: One last question. I got it for the most part. However when I get to the set, the cover art turns brown and opens up to a blank case with the exception of the discs and the information on the ride side of the set. Anyway to keep the cover art to open rather then a brown box looking thing?

Hello, do you mean something like this ?

Press C and click on manage then choose art

click on add art

and then create a new art subsection called extrafanart1

click on extrafanart1 and browse to the fanart you want to use

once selected it will look like this

Thank you for that I will do it. What I mean is when I'm scrolling towards the movie in showcase I see the cover art. As soon as I get to the set the cover art goes away, the box turns brown for a second and then opens. Is there anyway to leave the cover art so it doesn't turn brown and open that way?
The only time I ever experience a problem like that is when the artwork is still being dowloaded in the background.. everything for me goes a little laggy and crazy but once it is all done, no problems
Hmm interesting. I try to download art work and it's up to date. I run the extended info script and when I run the movie set Automator it always comes back with a zero. Edit* got extrafanart1 up and running but the issue persists. I get to the movie set and the cover changes and looks wonky while it's opening. Odd.
Hey tonieb,
Thanks for all your information on this.

I'm getting stuck somewhere though.

I try everything you have mentioned and follow your steps to a T but only ever get the brown movie sets case with a blank piece of paper in it.
The info Panel also displays nothing. It just says "No info Available"

Any idea what could be wrong?
(2014-05-08, 05:28)wjbeckett Wrote: Hey tonieb,
Thanks for all your information on this.

I'm getting stuck somewhere though.

I try everything you have mentioned and follow your steps to a T but only ever get the brown movie sets case with a blank piece of paper in it.
The info Panel also displays nothing. It just says "No info Available"

Any idea what could be wrong?

Exact same issue here...

EDIT: A reboot fixed it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Collection background art0