HELP! watch live tv in China
Hi everybody,

I currently live in China

few days ago I installed xbmc (frodo) on my android tv (himedia q5ii) and I have a huge problem,

my plan was to watch live tv but none of the pvr I tried could connect to the network ( even if I had a proxy/vpn connection activated)
i tried to put my own channel list but can't see if it works or not since pvr won't connect

videos add-ons works fine but I would like to know if anybody knows a pvr client that would work here in China to make me watch "international channels" I can only watch stuff in chinese, it helps for my learning but is not what I want, I have friends with cheap chinese iptv that streams tv channels like hbo, discovery, fox etc from Malasia or Philippines etc, is there any add on that can do that?

thank you very much for your help
The PVR support is generally for watching "real" TV, in your case whatever Chinese channels you get. If you're only interested in streams you can use the IPTV Simple addon as long as you find the stream URLs and make a playlist out of it (see the forum thread about the addon for more information).
Maramu, I am in China currently too and I have installed the XBMC software onto my windows laptop. I can install navi-x etc and I can get listings for all that I need but I have very limited success in terms of loading. I have my vpn running simultaneously but still having this issue. I don't have such issues in the UK with my android box.
Again, not sure if its a Chinese thing or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP! watch live tv in China0