• 34(current)
Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released
@unfledged:
Thanks for assistance.

@jdoo:
Noticed that you don't use PVR channel icons. I updated the variables.xml on GitHub. The fallback PVR icon was missing in the recording widget.
It's enough to replace that .xml file in your installation.

See:
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.refred/...c2fcaa506d
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
I couldn't figure out PVR channel icons. I user ServerWMC as my backend and it never filled in the icons :/

:edit: nevermind, I forgot to set up channel icons in WMC. Just moved to a new Intel NUC and have been reinstalling everything so some things have been slipping through the cracks. Thanks for the tip.
The icons aren't backend or PVR add-on based.
XBMC takes care of it.

Here are mine:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrs33jalsinijc...Update.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/762kybywrbf7fl1/Logopack.zip

I don't know if they include every channel for your country, but it's a big collection.

Just unpack it to a folder of your choice and go to
XBMC -> Settings -> TV -> MENU / OSD
There is a button where you choose the folder of the stored logos.

If a channel is named "SUPERDUPERCHANNEL", XBMC will use "SUPERDUPERCHANNEL.png" for example. That's how it works.
Don't forget to refresh your PVR database after you set the path.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Hi,

installed the latest 1.2.0 Beta. Had to delete guisettings.xml to get a menu (the required plugins had been installed before upgrade) .. since guisettings.xml contains a lot of settings its not the perfect way updating a skin ;-)

- Unfortunately I don't see the widget for scheduled / upcoming recordings (pvr).

- There is btw. no single hint (i.e. in channel list, epg grid view) that a recording is active (in other skins the channel is marked by a red point or something like this).

- German translation for "Timer" ist now "Zeitmesser" ;-)
- And why did you change "Live TV" to "PVR" ? My wife knows live tv but not "PVR"
- no rss ;-)

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Guisettings.xml contains each skin setting, which was made in the past. Since this update was a massive skin code change, it COULD contain bad values, which cause errors like u had. Deleting the guisettings.xml is just a reset. I don't know how much code lines/setting values/conditions I changed, but it took me some days and I guess I replaced 2000< lines of code. Don't forget it's still WIP Wink

The scheduled widget thing works fine and there is also a icon for upcoming records.

See:

The menu labels are build by the skinshortcut add-on. Simply edit the label by your own:
I really love this skin. The only thing I am noticing is in the background section, it will not allow me to pull in a different directory. All I have is fusion and it toggles between ok and cancel. I'd love to change the background as well as the thumbnail.
(2014-07-15, 04:07)Tripp Wrote: I really love this skin. The only thing I am noticing is in the background section, it will not allow me to pull in a different directory. All I have is fusion and it toggles between ok and cancel. I'd love to change the background as well as the thumbnail.

?! ^^
Please tell me what exactly doesn't work. I don't get it Smile
Hi,

- okay, in EPG Grid I see the recording icon.

In channel list there is a active recording not visible, like for example in confluence:

- after renaming PVR the option "show recording" disappeared, other widgets are shown but not upcoming recordings like in your screenshot

- choosing tv from home menu always opens recordings section, not last used like channels

- background image in weather is lost, its a black background, even if I change background image

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Thanks for your feedback.

- Widget issue: I'll fix it asap. Noticed that this issue is on the HUB, too.
- TV action: Replace the action with "MyPVR,32,0,11,0" instead of the other value.
- Background image weather: Do you have a conditional weather fanart set?
- Recording Icon on channel list: will be added.
(2014-07-15, 04:07)Tripp Wrote: I really love this skin. The only thing I am noticing is in the background section, it will not allow me to pull in a different directory. All I have is fusion and it toggles between ok and cancel. I'd love to change the background as well as the thumbnail.

In order to browse your own backgrounds, you need to add them as a source in XBMC's File Manager - normally found under Settings, though it's hard to say for certain with customised menus Wink
@sualfred

Do you have any plans on making this skin installable via zip file inside the xbmc? Or is this already possible? I haven't tried it in a long time, I just assume it still doesn't work Big Grin.
(2014-07-14, 16:22)sualfred Wrote: 1.2.0-beta1 available on GitHub

- Please do a local backup of your skin!
- Maybe you have to delete your guisettings.xml! (a backup won't hurt)
- Please be sure to have the latest skinshortcuts add-on installed

Change log:
Added: Positioning of home menu items
Added: Unlimited custom home menu items
Added: Overwriting backgrounds (single/multi images) for each main menu item, even if a widget is displayed (eg own artwork downloader slideshow for movies instead of the focused widget item)
Added: Custom positioning of available widgets (eg: Latest Movies can be displayed on multiple home items)
Added: Up to 10 custom widget groups
Changed: Widgets will be displayed even if the "currently playing" widget is active (only in classic home menu)
Changed: Much more userfriendly menu management for menus/custom widgets
Changed: PVR recording schedule information widget will be displayed even no recording is scheduled.
Removed: Widgets are centered by default. The option to display it in the top of the screen is removed. Was forced to it, because of animation and positioning issues with some new features and conditional situations. Sry, you have to deal with it Wink (only in classic home menu)
Removed: Widget based fanart slideshow for the menu thumbs (WMC like home menu)

To all translators:
Because I'm a idiot, I had to change a lot of translation string IDs. Please check transiflex if your provided translations are correct. Had to reset the transiflex project .. sorry :-(
Hi sualfred,

first I like to thank you for this GREAT update Smile The customizable Home is exactly that what was missing for me in this Skin Smile
But I'm a little bit confused. I like to define one jpg for the Background of all my Menu Items. And for the miniature picture I would like to use a png,
What options do I need to check to see the Background I selected?
And is it possible to use png's in that way that the "Main-Menu-Selector-Frame" doesn't use a Background so that the png's transparency takes Effect.

have a look at this screen shot and the Background image in there:
Screen shots

Hope with the screen shots it is more clear what I like to achieve Big Grin

Thanks again for your help Smile
Regards
Vlaves
If you want to define a global single background for all menu items, you have to do this outside of the home menu management dialog:
Skin Settings -> Homescreen -> "Use own global background" and then choose if you want to use a single image or a multi image slideshow.

This setting will overwrite the background settings of the menu management dialog and the widget fanart backgrounds

The thumbnails of the WMC like menu are controled by the menu management dialog by setting an thumbnail.
(2014-07-15, 14:19)sualfred Wrote: If you want to define a global single background for all menu items, you have to do this outside of the home menu management dialog:
Skin Settings -> Homescreen -> "Use own global background" and then choose if you want to use a single image or a multi image slideshow.

This setting will overwrite the background settings of the menu management dialog and the widget fanart backgrounds

The thumbnails of the WMC like menu are controled by the menu management dialog by setting an thumbnail.

Thanks for the quick answer. I saw now already that the Background is displayed, but it is almost not visible since the fading and so, but now it is ok...i got it Big Grin

And for the Thumbnails: I know this is done there, thanks anyway Smile But when you have a look at the Screen shot, the Background of the Thumbnail is white, but should be transparent.
If I then hit ok and that Button got pressed, the white colour disappears and the Thumb is shown with transparency. Is it possible that you can tell me which graphics I need to replace with a transparent one or where in the XML-Files I need to comment out this white Background? Thank you very very much again for your support Smile

Regards
Vlaves
Ah, now I got you Tongue
This is because there is a white picture behind the thumbnail. It has to be there to prevent visual glitches if a thumbnail takes longer to load as it should or is empty. It acts like a "fallback" and its also used for the white focused state border in this case. Sry dude.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released22