• 37(current)
Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released
(2014-07-18, 21:30)sualfred Wrote: @tripp:
Just copy paste. I don't know why u get empty menus. Please delete the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml and be sure u have the latest script.skinshortcuts installed (latest version from this morning). The menu will rebuild when you start xbmc.

That was the problem, I had to delete script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml out of the new folder.

I guess I misread your change log, I thought it added a widget that allowed to add fanart into the menu thumbnails. (That would be so cool).

But I'm still wishing to change the fan art for the thumbnails and it still wont let me. I thought they allowed to upload images on this message board but I must be mistaken. When I click on to change the thumbnail for the menu item (specifically TV), It gives the browse for image screen. All that is shown are two items: http://fusion.xbmchub.com (which is grayed out) and fusion which is selected. I cannot do anything in this menu except select cancel. The Ok button and the new folder are not highlightable. If this is something I can edit myself, I would be glad to do that (if its not too much programming) but I dont know where to go.

Thanks.
(2014-07-18, 23:52)Tripp Wrote: But I'm still wishing to change the fan art for the thumbnails and it still wont let me. I thought they allowed to upload images on this message board but I must be mistaken. When I click on to change the thumbnail for the menu item (specifically TV), It gives the browse for image screen. All that is shown are two items: fusion (which is grayed out) and fusion which is selected. I cannot do anything in this menu except select cancel. The Ok button and the new folder are not highlightable. If this is something I can edit myself, I would be glad to do that (if its not too much programming) but I dont know where to go.

You can't upload images directly, but you can upload somewhere like imgur, and embed them or (in this case) link to them:

Imgur Gallery

Image 1: You need to go to File Manager, which by default is in the Settings submenu

Image 2: These are the sources that will show when you try to choose a thumbnail in a minute. Make sure "Root" is showing above whichever side you're using (in this case, it doesn't matter which). Explicitly add any source you want - this screenshot is from a Mac where "Profile directory" has been automatically added by XBMC, and won't show when I go to set a thumbnail. Other platforms will have their own auto-added-but-won't-show-sources here.

Image 3: Now in the image browser after clicking "Set thumbnail". OK is disabled because I haven't got an image selected. New Folder is disabled because I'm browsing for an image. Note that the auto-added-but-won't-show source isn't showing

Image 4: A folder with images in. Once one is highlighted, the OK button will automatically enable.

Hope this helps.
@shedrock:
Invisible labels are fixed.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Thank you.

Just a few observations since 1.2.0 Beta was released.

1 - The widgets still load quickly on start up, but not as fast as they did with previous version.

2 - I have noticed that when I go into for example movies and just spend some time in there browsing my collection, when I exit back to the main menu, the widgets take some time to load. Sometimes they don't load at all and I have to either "Reload" or restart XBMC.

3 - The skin shortcuts when adding anything from the list is very slow to respond. Sometimes I end up pressing the option twice thinking I did not aim my harmony correctly. What this results in is a double popup window. This shouldn't be so slow to respond and it is definitely not my machine.

Any ideas?
1+2) I pushed an update to GitHub. They should load and appear faster now.
3) Unfledged? Smile Your part.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
(2014-07-19, 12:46)shedrock Wrote: 3 - The skin shortcuts when adding anything from the list is very slow to respond. Sometimes I end up pressing the option twice thinking I did not aim my harmony correctly. What this results in is a double popup window. This shouldn't be so slow to respond and it is definitely not my machine.

You're right, it shouldn't be slow to respond. If it's a new issue, its not impossible that its related to the various new code blocks that are landing at the moment. Once the major changes to the code base calm down a bit, I'll do some profiling and see what speed improvements can be made there.
Thanks guys. I will try it in a bit.
No difference in load times.
the widget logic did not changed to the last version. it's still the same plugin and the same container Undecided
Strange. I just tried an older version of the skin and everything loads almost instantly.
Edit - I fixed this by changing the thumbnail of the favourite shortcut itself.
Smallish request. On edit widgets menu have a "select thumbnail".

I do miss the menu items changing based on the widgets too Smile
I don't understand why it is loading so slowly. I also noticed sometimes when I go into Movies and just browsing and then come back out, the widgets at most times do not re appear. I always have to reboot my machine for it to work. This also happens with TV shows as well.

The other issue for me is the Watchlist hub. This takes far too long to populate.

Also, I have a suggestion. Why not set all the menus and sub-menus to "on" and then give users the option to remove what they don't want. If I was not following the changes to the skin, I as a new user to the skin would be totally lost on what to do.

I am in no way knocking your hard work or the skin for that matter, but it would be so much better to simplify the new menu system.

Anyway, I am back to using the previous version of reFred. It is super fast when loading the widgets etc.

Shedrock
XBMX 13.2 beta has some changes in PVR section, so I think some adaptations will be needed on skin to work with the latest version.
@scotty:
- menu items thumbs changing: won't come back. Sry.
- The widget menu "select thumbnail" is used to overwrite the used icon

@shedrock:
I'm getting pissed off of this gotham content method. I don't really changed how it works but I also noticed that it tooks a little bit longer to load when XBMC is starting, but I cannot reproduce your slowdown issue. I guess I have to think about to revert back to the skinwidgets plugin.
I know the new user thing. I have to create initial run setup and I have to provide a base of standard menu items. But it's not a major thing atm.

@qzem:
I thought the PVR changes are only for helix?
@sualfred

You aare right about pvr changes, they are only for helix. Sorry my bad Smile.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released22