Feature Request: Extended Subtitle Delay Option (more than 10 sec)
Sometimes an national distribution version of a movie has some sequences at the beginning (e.g. logo of the national distributor), that do not appear in the original (e.g. US-National) version. Therefore the english subtitle versions found by the scraper are not "in sync", because the subtitles appear earlier (about the duration of the distributor-sequences).

In these cases, sometimes the subtitle delay option of max 10 sec is not sufficient.

--> Is there a way that this delay can be extended to, let's say, 20 or 30 seconds?

Do I assume correctly that it is not possible to customize this myself (platform atv2)?
Romanes eunt domus
Create a text document, name it advancedsettings.xml, paste the code below in it and put it in your userdata folder (not sure where it is on ATV, and wiki is down now).

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <subsdelayrange>xx</subsdelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Replace xx with the seconds you want.
Is subsdelayrange limited to double digits?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
No...
NICE!

Must have overlooked this in advancedsettings-wiki, my bad...

P.S.: for anyone interested, the path on atv2 is private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
Romanes eunt domus
(2014-04-28, 15:22)host505 Wrote: Create a text document, name it advancedsettings.xml, paste the code below in it and put it in your userdata folder (not sure where it is on ATV, and wiki is down now).

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <subsdelayrange>xx</subsdelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Replace xx with the seconds you want.

Hi there,

I did exactly this - created an advancedsettings.xml document in my userdata folder (I'm using Windows) and copied and pasted that code in. I replaced "xx" with "120"

However, when I go back into audio settings and subtitle offset, it still only shows up as 10 seconds. Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks
(2014-08-10, 05:34)Bianca Wrote: Hi there,

I did exactly this - created an advancedsettings.xml document in my userdata folder (I'm using Windows) and copied and pasted that code in. I replaced "xx" with "120"

However, when I go back into audio settings and subtitle offset, it still only shows up as 10 seconds. Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks

Restart xbmc
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-08-10, 06:22)lrusak Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 05:34)Bianca Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks

Restart xbmc

I did restart xbmc, but still no luck.
Make sure it is in the correct folder and not named advancedsettings.xml.txt

Can you pastebin the contents of the file and link to it?
Hi,

I think I may find a solution to your problem.

If you're using windows, there may be 2 destinations. One in Program Files and the other in AppData.

You want to put it in the AppData folder.

To access 'XBMC - userdata' in AppData folder, do this step:

Go on Start
Type %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata
press <Enter>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request: Extended Subtitle Delay Option (more than 10 sec)0