Startup.xml
i noticed that startup.xml is bypassed if you use a startup window other than home. i mentioned this elsewhere in the forums here: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....y107637

now, the reason i am posting this here is because i'd like to get a discussion going about how it can be used to see if anyone else feels like it could be nice to have when not using home as your startup window.

i don't necessarily see different animations as a problem because we now have conditional animations and can setup a different animation, even change the screen completely depending on what the next window will be. i will probably experiment with this theory a bit first though so i can provide an example of what i mean before i get too carried away with an explanation of how it could be done, but i believe it is possible to do this.

let's hear how some of you plan on using startup.xml and what ideas you have for animating/displaying a different intro. depending on the startup window.

regards,
los93sol
jmarshall said something about that startup.xml doesn't load unless you use home.xml as your startpage, so i guess it's not yet possible to do it with conditions, only in home.
this is done for good reasons eg you can then animate to a set window...the most likely one, if it opened to another window the animation wont smoothly transistion.

a very good idea and stops the incosistancies that come from doing the startup animation other ways.
bpairs and smoke:
i think you guys are on the right track of what i meant, i was suggesting that since we now have conditional animations we could setup startup.xml to animate differently depending on which startup window you have set if it was displayed regardless of the startup window.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup.xml0