Win Large HD files are very choppy
Hello,

I use XBMC for three years now (always the newest stable version, so 12.3 Frodo now), but recently I bought a new computer. It's Toshiba P75-A7200. Specs are as follow:
  • Intel Core i7 - 4700MQ
  • 8GB DDR3
  • Intel HD 4600
My problem is, some files - those big 720p movies (4.37GB) are playing very, very choppy, a couple of frames per secound really. I turned debug yesterday and it was below 10fps. I don't know what to do - other files, smaller ones, are playing flawlessly.

I play those movies from an USB drive - I thought this is the problem. But no - when I play those movies with VLC, they work without any problems. My computer is connected to my TV with HDMI cable (with both audio and video output).

What can I do?

My debug can be viewed here.
First of all check out the sticky at the top of the Windows section - most likely an audio set-up issue. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Thanks for your input, steelman1991! But that's not it - I double-checked that FAQ before posting. Also, sometimes I have that strange green line on the top of my screen - perhaps this will help in your investigation ;-)
If you haven't done it, you need to do as following-

1. Windows Update
2. Download the latest Intel driver- Automatically identify and find drivers
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I'm doing Windows Update reguraly (my system does, that is ;-)), and I try to kepy my drivers up-to-date. I checked it now and it's only new Bluetooth.
(2014-04-29, 10:23)_tomek Wrote: I'm doing Windows Update reguraly (my system does, that is ;-)), and I try to kepy my drivers up-to-date. I checked it now and it's only new Bluetooth.
The green lines might be closely related to "Automatically identify and find Intel drivers" than Windows update.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Perhaps. But there are no new drivers for my graphics.
Green lines could be an DXVA induced artifact, try turning off if enabled.
I tried setting render method to "software", which automatically disables "DVXA HD", but it didn't help :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large HD files are very choppy0