TV Shows Library not showing episodes
Ok so I got a weird problem going on with my Gbox MX2 gotham install, I have asked for help in the forum over there with out any response as of yet. Anyway my tv shows library, scans and scrapes just fine. Items will show up in the recently added playlist, in the widgets etc. If I browse to Tv Library I am able to browse a list of my shows and episode counts, then once I enter a title I am presented with the up a level "..". I have tried multiple skins, rebuilding my library, replacing the database with a database from a known working installation, changing library settings. Really scratching my head on this one anyone have any suggestions?
I'm having this very same problem using the latest Gotham release on a Windows 7 PC. I've scoured the wiki and I've combed through all the "How-to" guides, but nothing pops out as a fix.

My TV shows are (mostly) saved in Video_TS format as I just ripped the DVDs straight to the hard drives. I have a few shows on Bluray, those are saved as ISO.

The naming convention remains the same though

Drive:\Show Title\Season #\Disc #

Anyone have thoughts?
Keep reading Naming_video_files/TV_shows#Examples (wiki) it explains what to do with episodes on isos with dvd structures and bluray structures and how to deal with that.
If they appear to being scraped but not showing more then the title try setting flattening to always....
(2014-05-05, 15:14)uNiversal Wrote: Keep reading Naming_video_files/TV_shows#Examples (wiki) it explains what to do with episodes on isos with dvd structures and bluray structures and how to deal with that.

Thanks. So, what you seem to be saying is what I feared, Direct copies of discs of TV Shows aren't going to work. I honestly don't care right now about listing of individual episodes as longs as the individual discs within the season appear. Using the disc menu will allow access to the individual episodes (at least with the Video_TS). But if I am understanding you right and reading the wiki right, I need to go through and handbrake every TV show disc and separate out the individual episodes then save them to the disc farm.

There are roughly 1500 discs that would need to be converted. That's simply not going to work since I don't currently have enough HD space to make a second, re-formatted copy of every single disc.
You can do multiple episodes per disc/image: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...ti-episode
(2014-05-05, 23:42)Ned Scott Wrote: You can do multiple episodes per disc/image: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...ti-episode

Examining that link, I went ahead and renamed all of a season of the show 24 and added the drive to the library to see what would happen. I still have the same issue. The titles of the television shows will show up under different heading, but nothing shows up under recently added. Furthermore, selecting a title then just takes me to the "go back" option, but does not allow me to select a disc/episode to play.

As far as I can tell, this is the proper naming convention as given in the wiki for season 1, disc 1, which contains episodes 1-4:

J:\24\Season 1\24.s01e01e02e03e04

I could really use some guidance here. Creating my disc farm is about to grind to a halt until I can figure out how to make sure XBMC sees everything properly. Otherwise using a front end like XBMC isn't helping me much more than just using Windows File Explore to select a disc to play (though it does look spiffier).
What are your flattening settings at? I had the same problem till I turned flattening to always, then everything showed up, its just they are all in one list.
I tried setting to flatten alwarys and it did not correct the problem. I have tried all the various settings I can think of now in terms of flattening, and naming - having tried each of the variations given in the wiki now. Nothing seems to be correcting the problem. For whatever reason, XBMC does not want to open my television shows without going into the "Files" section and then browsing from there just as if I were using Windows File Explorer.
Tolkien - how about sticking with one thread. Still think your not setting the source properly - see your Windows thread.
Hi guys,

I want to join this discussion because it seems to me it could be buggy.
I have a weird trouble too.
Let me describe my setup.
I have a Master Profile with all movies saved on a NAS (nfs share) like that
Video
-----Adult
----------Movie
--------------movie 1
--------------movie 2
--------------movie xxxxx
----------TVShows
--------------THShow Name
---------------------Season 01
----------------------------- TVShow Name S01E01
----------------------------- TVShow Name S01E02
---------------------Season 02
----------------------------- TVShow Name S02E01
----------------------------- TVShow Name S02E02

Profile KIDS FR:
Video
-----KidsFR
----------Movie
--------------movie 1
--------------movie 2
----------TVShows
and a last Profile:
Profile KIDS FR:
Video
-----KidsDE
----------Movie
--------------movie 1
--------------movie 2
----------TVShows

So by the Master and KIDFR Profile everything is alright (language settings are on French), I can go to move sections and under the tvshow main menue I can browse there and get the shows and after that I see the seasons and finally the episodes.
On the last Profile KidsDE (set to german) I see the movies but by the TVShows there is only the tv shows title and nothing after that, just empty... (I set Flatten TV Shows on Never and the filter to hide already seen is not enabled). When I go to the Files and browse the share there I can see the structure with seasons and everything.
I don't see any errors in the log so yes I think something is wrong...

Any other out there with such strange behaviour?

Best Regards
Chris

Working on Apple TV.... but same trouble on mac and Windows..
@Cberthu:

Make sure your sources are set correctly.

Movies = Video -> KidsDE-> Movie
TV = Video -> KidsDE -> TVShows
Hi helta,

First thank you for your reply.
I checked and l'y sources are set correctly. The strange thing is that the same configuration is working on all three profiles for the movies and only two of them are working for tv-shows... Could this be in anyway related to the language set for the interface?

Best regards
Chris

(2014-07-12, 17:27)Cberthu Wrote: Hi guys,

I want to join this discussion because it seems to me it could be buggy.
I have a weird trouble too.
Let me describe my setup.
I have a Master Profile with all movies saved on a NAS (nfs share) like that
Video
-----Adult
----------Movie
--------------movie 1
--------------movie 2
----------TVShows

Profile KIDS FR:
Video
-----KidsFR
----------Movie
--------------movie 1
--------------movie 2
----------TVShows
and a last Profile:
Profile KIDS DE:
Video
-----KidsDE
----------Movie
--------------movie 1
--------------movie 2
----------TVShows

So by the Master and KIDFR Profile everything is alright (language settings are on French), I can go to move sections and under the tvshow main menue I can browse there and get the shows and after that I see the seasons and finally the episodes.
On the last Profile KidsDE (set to german) I see the movies but by the TVShows there is only the tv shows title and nothing after that, just empty... (I set Flatten TV Shows on Never and the filter to hide already seen is not enabled). When I go to the Files and browse the share there I can see the structure with seasons and everything.
I don't see any errors in the log so yes I think something is wrong...

Any other out there with such strange behaviour?

Best Regards
Chris

Working on Apple TV.... but same trouble on mac and Windows..
Hi all,

I get a closer look to the debug log and I might have found something. I just want to share it with you.
I have all my libraries saved into mysql.
For the profile Adult (Master profile) I have my DB on NAS and the two Kids Profiles (DE and FR) have their DB on another NAS, but their share the same mysql DB, the trouble is that this one TV-Show (Supernatural) does have the same name in french and in german too.
When the scan is running I saw that it tried to get the French path for the TV-Show even I am running the scan on the Kids DE Profile with is german.
I will try to set another mysql instance to see if this is the issue.
Are you thinking that might be the problem? Any thoughts?

Best Regards
Chris
Hi all,

Problem solved!
I had to setup a new mysql instance for the profile. Now I have all xbmc profile having his own mysql database.
I had expected that all could be running on one db but the indexes or keys are set so if you have several movies or tv-shows in different langage it can run into conflict...

Best Regards
Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Library not showing episodes0